mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Chris Squire"

Posted on: June 29, 2015 @ 03:27 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Chris Squire was a bass player, not a keyboard player. But he was someone that the person who created this website played with and he died yesterday. So forgive the shoutout. Chris was someone and something that is all too lacking today: an original, someone not afraid to play, do, think, and say stuff that was, in today’s parlance, out of the box.

As it should be.

Music should not be cookie cutter. It should not be safe, preset, governed only by commercial considerations. Music should be adventurous, risky, challenging, unpredictable.

Yes was a funny band and Chris was a funny guy. If you don’t know who they were or who he was, check ‘em out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2015 @ 07:51 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

“Roundabout” was, no, is one of my favorites.

R.I.P. Chris Squire

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2015 @ 07:59 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

It’s difficult not to be influenced by the music of Yes, at least for some of us here where I’m at.... even after all these years.

Sorry for the loss felt.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2015 @ 03:46 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Sorry to hear about Chris. He was a great bassist.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2015 @ 09:43 PM
3nglenn
Total Posts:  129
Joined  04-17-2010

Been quite a while since I’ve posted here. I was at work and heard something over the news and thought, no, that can’t be right…
Shocked to say the least. So sudden. Grew up with Yes. Heard them when I was 10 or 11 years old for the first time, and I’m 56 now. The music of Yes has always influenced my style of playing, even in my worship setting. Epic compositions, emotional, complex, yet simple and to the point at times. He will be sorely missed as a person, but his music will live forever.  RIP

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ YAMAHA ’Reface’ Countdown ... 6-24-15 !
Next Topic:

Independence Day 2015 ! ››