mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pedal Steel Guitar Help please!!!"

Posted on: June 22, 2015 @ 02:47 PM
Magicman
Total Posts:  25
Joined  06-12-2015

I have a korg triton and it has the best pedal steel country guitar sound i have ever heard on a synth.  I want to duplicate the sound of that on my MOXF.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have read previous threads that demonstrate how to pitch bend and volume control, but Im looking for a pure sound that simulates what Korg has done.  Please help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2015 @ 09:28 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You’re not going to get a Korg sound out of a Yamaha, no matter how hard you try. Trust me, as a longtime sound designer for both companies (Yamaha and Korg) I’ve tried myself.

As long as you have the Triton, you’re covered.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 01:35 PM
Magicman
Joined  06-12-2015
DavePolich - 22 June 2015 09:28 PM

You’re not going to get a Korg sound out of a Yamaha, no matter how hard you try. Trust me, as a longtime sound designer for both companies (Yamaha and Korg) I’ve tried myself.

As long as you have the Triton, you’re covered.

Thank you Dave for your reply.  In your opinion which is better, MOXF6 or Roland VR-09?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2015 @ 11:34 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I’m not Dave, and your question about which is “better” is likely unanswerable......

Having said that, I gig out with an XF, XS, Korg M50 and now have a VR-09.  It’s a great addition and the layout and simplicity is great as well.  Very pleased with organ options and functionality.  Having owned Juno G, Gi, Di and other Roland’s, I really like this stage model.  For a low end board, it puts out nicely (that’s what she said)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2015 @ 03:28 PM
Magicman
Joined  06-12-2015

Thanks Dave and Richie.  Richie, which keyboard of the two has the best B-3 with leslie sim?
I just thought with the moxf architecture of waveforms that I could replicate just about anything.  I might give it a shot and try to make a sound.  Ive never made my own sounds on a yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2015 @ 04:18 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I gotta tell ya that when it comes to a discerning ear with re to Leslie simulation, I’m the wrong person. I’m not a huge fan of Joh Lords modifications and “his sound” but he makes it work.  The VR09 does an ok job with its speed control, draw bars and wheel action.....  Good for a board under $1000 in my opinion. I play different venues with different sound systems and each is a bit different in outpu (I use Stagepas 500 for small venues and it sounds nice)

I have more b3 options with my XS and XF thanks to add on sound libraries. 
Plus, I can’t compare VR09 to a motif without sounding like an ass.  Hahaha

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2015 @ 12:10 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

RE: B3 Sounds

You almost can’t go wrong if you were to use a NEO-Ventilator or the Mini-Vent.

I believe that this is half the battle to getting a great B3 sound.  I’ve used the Ventilator on all of my boards and you simply cannot get a terrible organ sound if you turn off all effects linked to the sound other than the Ventilator.

The Ventilator is a little expensive, relative to what it is, but, the end is worth the means.  This thing sounds fabulous.  Also, being the owner of the Ventilator II and the Mini-Vent, all you really need is the Mini-Vent.  Approx. $150.00 cheaper and I can’t really find anything that would make me absolutely have to have the larger pedal.

Just my opinion!!!

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2015 @ 02:50 PM
Magicman
Joined  06-12-2015

Hi Richie.  I have a Juno G, but was thinking of getting the VR09.  What are the differences between these 2 boards? 

Also, for the MOXF, what additional sound libraries do you recommend?  Thank you,

Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MLan IO and Main Stage
Next Topic:

Best Way To Connect MotifXS8? ››