mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Send organ sound through output"

Posted on: June 04, 2015 @ 05:09 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

I am trying to send a simple organ sound minus any effects through a separate output on my ES6.  Can anyone explain how to or point it out in the manual?

I want to send organ sounds though one of the assignable outputs so that I can then place my Ventilator in the chain and send a stereo feed to the mixer.

I am not concerned with any effects except maybe some reverb.  I simply want an isolated organ sound through one of the assignable outputs.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter.  I’m sure the answer lies within the manual, but I read about drum voices and don’t understand.  Also, I want to know if this can be done on the voice level or does it have to be in a performance mode.

Thanks again,

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Parts of either a Performance or Pattern/Song can be assigned. It’s covered on a few pages in the ES Owner’s Manual. See pages 24, 31, 32 (especially the NOTE at the bottom), 218, and 235, for information concerning ASSIGNABLE OUT L and R, and OUTPUT SELECT.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2015 @ 11:46 PM
KMKKEYS
Joined  02-16-2009

Thank you.  I was hoping that this could be done on the voice level, but I will look at the pages that you suggested.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2015 @ 07:17 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
KMKKEYS - 04 June 2015 11:46 PM

Thank you.  I was hoping that this could be done on the voice level, but I will look at the pages that you suggested.

You’re welcome.

I don’t know if it helps for your purposes, but a Performance can have as few as one Part.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2015 @ 12:20 PM
KMKKEYS
Joined  02-16-2009

That’s perfect!!!

I don’t care if I have to do this in a Performance as long as the end fits the need.

Thank you again.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2015 @ 01:35 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You can copy a Voice to a Part in a Performance, including System Effects:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/copying_voice_data_w_arpeggios_to_a_performance_or_mix_in_a_motif_es
(Insert Effects, on or off, your choice, Owner’s Manual page 218, InsEF.)

Also, see page 216 of the ES Owner’s Manual, Part Edit, [F1]VOICE, [SF1]VOICE, PartSW (Part Switch) - you can turn off three of the four Parts, leaving only one active.

Then you can use the information I previously referenced to select the output.

Hopefully that covers it all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2015 @ 04:20 PM
KMKKEYS
Joined  02-16-2009

Thank you again.  I ultimately would like to send an organ through an assignable output, hopefully, without any effects except may some reverb, as I would like to use this Ventilator I bought to run a stereo mix into the FOH.  Hopefully, I will achieve a better sounding organ.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2015 @ 04:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

The System Effects (reverb and chorus that can be applied to the overall sound) can be set to whatever levels you want, but will only be available at the main outputs - they are removed from the assignable outputs.

You can decide which Insert Effects, and their levels, will arrive at the assignable outputs. If all you want is a bit of reverb, one of the Insert Effects can provide that.

This might help with understanding the effects routing possibilities:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/introducing_motif_es_effects

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2015 @ 10:57 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

To my ears, the reverb tail will sound a little odd going through the ventilator as well as the organ.

I’d personally avoid any effects pre-ventilator unless you really like that kind of thing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2015 @ 11:15 AM
KMKKEYS
Joined  02-16-2009

After some thinking, you may be right about the reverb admitted prior to sending the organ to the ventilator.  I will have to try both pre and post and determine which will sound better or at least to my liking.

I can always have the FOH apply any reverb should it be need.  Thanks for the informative post.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2015 @ 12:09 AM
KMKKEYS
Joined  02-16-2009

I’m curious,

Does anyone that reads this post use a Ventilator, and if so, what are your favorite organs to run through it.

I have a couple of purchased organ banks that are for sale on this site.  If you have any particular favorites, I would appreciate any preferences.

Thanks,

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2015 @ 07:47 AM
Ajbklyn
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-28-2013

I use a ventilator and virtually all of the “non-rotarized” organ sounds that go through it sound fantastic.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using Arpeggios in songs (and patterns)
Next Topic:

Motif ES6 Keybed Problem ››