mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voice Overrides?"

Posted on: June 02, 2015 @ 08:49 PM
cjcap310
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-02-2015

Hi! I am new to the Motif Forum. Although I have owned a MO6 for many years I am just starting to fully understand its capabilities. I am confused about voice editing. If I take, for example, a built-in voice and edit it, in order to save it I must override an existing voice in the User1 or User2 bank? Is there a way to save it as a new voice on the ROM without overriding? If not, I can save it to a USB device. Is there a way to load several edited voices at once to use during a performance. I am not sure if I am going about this the right way but I am attempting to edit voices that I want to use in a live performance while maintaining the original voices on the keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2015 @ 09:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cjcap310 - 02 June 2015 08:49 PM

Hi! I am new to the Motif Forum.

Welcome to the forum.

cjcap310 -

Although I have owned a MO6 for many years I am just starting to fully understand its capabilities. I am confused about voice editing. If I take, for example, a built-in voice and edit it, in order to save it I must override an existing voice in the User1 or User2 bank? Is there a way to save it as a new voice on the ROM without overriding?

The ROM can’t be written to. So yes, an edited Voice you want to keep should be STORED to a User Voice location. When new or after a factory reset, the User 1 bank has original Voices not found in the Preset banks. However, all 128 User 2 locations hold copies of Voices chosen from the four Preset banks. That means if you overwrite a User 2 Voice location, the factory Voice still exists in one of the Preset banks.

cjcap310 -

If not, I can save it to a USB device. Is there a way to load several edited voices at once to use during a performance. I am not sure if I am going about this the right way but I am attempting to edit voices that I want to use in a live performance while maintaining the original voices on the keyboard.

User Voices can be SAVED to a USB drive using either file type “All” or “All Voice”. See page 61 of the MO Owner’s Manual.

All or just selected Voices can be loaded to the MO. See pages 211 and 214 of the Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2015 @ 12:18 PM
cjcap310
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-02-2015

Thank you for your helpful response! Does this also apply to performance mode? When I create a new performance can I store it to the keyboard without overriding another performance or do I need to save it to a USB? Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2015 @ 01:05 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cjcap310 - 03 June 2015 12:18 PM

Thank you for your helpful response!

You’re welcome.

cjcap310 -

Does this also apply to performance mode? When I create a new performance can I store it to the keyboard without overriding another performance or do I need to save it to a USB? Thanks again!

All Performances are unique, and there are no Preset Performances. Even if you want to SAVE a Performance to an “All” file on a drive, it still has to be STORED first to one of the User locations. It’s therefore a good idea to look over the Performances, make note of ones you don’t currently have a need for, and overwrite those.

If you save an “All” file of the factory data, you can use that later to reload any individual Performances you might have overwritten. You can always do a reset to get the factory material back, but save your own material to an “All” file first so don’t lose anything important. Naming the “All” files so that you’ll recognize what’s in them can help in locating things later - including the date in the name can sometimes be useful.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performance output muddled
Next Topic:

FC7 Fade in/out sustain issue ››