mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance Mode Gripes"

Posted on: May 29, 2015 @ 04:42 PM
rlared
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-19-2013

I am trying to figure out if maybe I’m using the wrong mode.  Here’s my issues:

1) 4 voices is sometimes not enough for what I want to accomplish.  For example, 2 layered in the lower range, 2 layered in the upper range, and then a different tone I want to play during a solo.

2) Sometimes I want to edit or change the insert effect type or parameters of one of the voices.  It seems there’s no way to do this in “Performance” mode?  So I have to go back to voice mode, edit the voice and save it as a user voice, then change the performance to use that user voice?

3) The MOX editor that Yamaha supplies doesn’t have the option to edit “Performance” mode.  WTF is up with that?

4) I often find myself confused as to which sound is assigned to which “Part”.  I know it’s shown on the “voices” page, but some screens don’t show this info.  Wish there was an easy and consistent way to see which voice is assigned to which part.  When playing live I often need to quickly turn off or on a part or change the levels or EQ or whatever.

I basically never use the arpeggiators.  Am I perhaps using the wrong mode?  Would “Mixing” mode be better?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2015 @ 05:45 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
rlared - 29 May 2015 04:42 PM

I am trying to figure out if maybe I’m using the wrong mode.  Here’s my issues:

1) 4 voices is sometimes not enough for what I want to accomplish.  For example, 2 layered in the lower range, 2 layered in the upper range, and then a different tone I want to play during a solo.

2) Sometimes I want to edit or change the insert effect type or parameters of one of the voices.  It seems there’s no way to do this in “Performance” mode?  So I have to go back to voice mode, edit the voice and save it as a user voice, then change the performance to use that user voice?

3) The MOX editor that Yamaha supplies doesn’t have the option to edit “Performance” mode.  WTF is up with that?

4) I often find myself confused as to which sound is assigned to which “Part”.  I know it’s shown on the “voices” page, but some screens don’t show this info.  Wish there was an easy and consistent way to see which voice is assigned to which part.  When playing live I often need to quickly turn off or on a part or change the levels or EQ or whatever.

I basically never use the arpeggiators.  Am I perhaps using the wrong mode?  Would “Mixing” mode be better?

1) Mixing Mode gives you up to 16 PARTS (VOICES)

2) From a Mixing you can drop directly into VOICE Edit on one of the PARTS, and then STORE as a Mixing VOICE...which does not alter the original VOICE or require a typical USER location to STORE to.  A Mixing VOICE is unique to that particular MIXING.  Your machine can STORE up 16 Mixing VOICES per SONG or PATTERN, and can STORE up to 256 Mixing VOICES total for all SONGS and PATTERNS.  See page 122 of the MOX Reference Manual.

3) I don’t know WTF is up with that

4) I don’t have a MOX, so I can’t speak with a lot of authority about various screens and what PART ID they provide.  I know with a much smaller screen than my XF, there is only so much info that is visible at one time.  There may be some outside APPs available that help with some of the visuals, but others will need to chime in about that.

In sum I believe that you could benefit significantly going to SONG or PATTERN Modes, which is where you will find the MIXINGS.

Are you familiar with This Article?  it will be very helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2015 @ 06:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m not sure what the differences might be, but here’s the MOX version of the support article:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_mixing_program_to_organize_your_live_setup

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2015 @ 07:30 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
5pinDIN - 29 May 2015 06:45 PM

I’m not sure what the differences might be, but here’s the MOX version of the support article:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_mixing_program_to_organize_your_live_setup

Thanks 5pinDIN, I couldn’t put my hands on that version quickly enough and decided the MOXF version would have to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2015 @ 10:56 PM
rlared
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-19-2013

Thanks guys I will check out mixing mode

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Down Load Isues/Support
Next Topic:

iPad4 not responding to MOX6 USB-midi ››