mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Uploading voices to Motif XF8"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 02:13 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
drraw - 27 May 2015 01:44 PM

Here’s where I stand.  I reformatted my flash for the 4th time to start with a clean slate.  After completing that, I still have my Virtual Piano voices in USR3.  Not sure why?[...]

There are several types of memory in the Motif XF, each having a different purpose. I’m somewhat reluctant to make a suggestion, since it might add to the confusion, although I hope it helps to clarify things. Anyway, here goes…

See the Memory Structure diagram on page 35 of the XF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 02:47 PM
drraw
Total Posts:  54
Joined  04-09-2010

Did I mention that I am willing to pay for a tutor?  Seriously!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 03:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
drraw - 27 May 2015 02:47 PM

You did. It seems that would work best through personal contact, not online or by phone, etc. You might consider editing your member profile so that any interested members could determine your location.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 03:16 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
drraw - 27 May 2015 02:03 PM

okay.  I am getting a better grip on this based upon your last post.  Assuming that I want the samples associated with the voice libraries, how do I go about getting them on the flash memory, for both libraries that I have.  Is there a start over with a clean slate that is available to me.  I do not currently have any self created songs, sequences or anything customized on my keyboard.  Thanks!

Also, am I missing anything with posting an image, since I seem to have lost the ability?

Okay, first thing:  ONLY the Virtual Piano has new Samples that will reside on the Flash Board.  B’s Knees does not have any samples in the file!  The B’s Knees VOICES are based completely on samples within the machine, which are permanently installed.

Next, you have already...at one point...successfully installed the Virtual Piano VOICES in a USER BANK of your choosing, AND the Samples to the Flash Board (2 completely separate things!), so all you really need to do...now that you have a clean Flash Board...is do that same thing again!

Once you get that accomplished, you can LOAD the B’s Knees VOICES...that is ONLY what you are doing...from the USR4 Bank in the ALL file you purchased to a BANK OF YOUR CHOICE, using the 1BANK LOAD technique outlined earlier.

That is really as simple and complex as it gets!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2015 @ 06:22 AM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

There are also DVD tutorials you can purchase.  Try a search on this forum also.  Most topics have already been addressed at some point.  Might I suggest John Melas tools.  You can try them out in demo mode.  If you load up a MOTIF “ALL” file in the waveform editor(John Melas tools) you can see exactly where the samples have been saved,Usr ,FL1 or Fl2. Some voice library’s have the samples saved in the all file under Usr not Fl1.  Larger sample librarys that are bigger than the usr memory, would be saved in the “all” file in FL1.  If the sample data in the “all” file is saved in user memory then when you load it, it will load into user memory not flash.  Even if you set the setting to FL1=FL1.  Since there’s no sample data in the all file under FL1.  You’d have to load it with a setting telling it to send the Usr dat to Fl1.  Usr=FL1.  If the library does NOT have samples then it’s referencing the internal sample library.  No need to load it to the flash board.  Just find what usr bank the new voices are saved in.

Motifator also has a vast collection of articles for reference.
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/xs_articles/
Don’t feel bad.  I’ve had to reformat my flash board many times until I started to figure it out.  Hope that doesn’t make it more complicated.  A little here, a little there.  You’ll get it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2015 @ 03:37 PM
Stashman
Total Posts:  79
Joined  08-24-2014
drraw - 27 May 2015 02:47 PM

To the OP,
I feel and have felt your pain!
I was just not coming to grips with the understanding of Motif functions by reading and asking questions…
I still struggle with the problems that you’re having right now…
One day I’ll get it, next I’m back to square one… My problem is I don’t use it enough and forget the steps involved and become frustrated… I just don’t have patience at my age any longer and suffer from short attention span… Ugh.
In my case, I benefit immensely from hands on, watching someone do it a few times.
I’m a visual learner! Plain and simple! If I see it being done it then all comes together for me…
Too bad that the resources here couldn’t take things like this and have a YouTube channel or something, where these things could be addressed not just verbally, but visually as well? And that way the info is always available to look at. I know there are videos here in the shop, and I own several of them, but they still don’t do it for me, as I’ve always that follow up question like, “why are we doing it that way” Etc. that’s just an example. And that keeps me from really having a firm understanding of the concepts… Don’t know if that makes any sense?
Along with that, and the deep wealth of knowledge here on the Forum, it’s possible that some of these things would be resolved and we have another resource for learning...?

The team on the Forum here, are the best, make no mistake about it that they will got to great lengths to help you find the solution to your problem!
But, back to the original point again, I know what you mean about paying someone for your time to get straight to the info and see it happening in front of you! You’re not alone!

Best
S

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2015 @ 06:43 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Good points Stashman.

To the OP, I would highly recommend the Fully Loaded video.

Even better, get it in the Full Motivation Special.  Well worth the price for this 3-pack.

Fully Loaded would really help with your Flash Board Loading questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3