mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Uploading voices to Motif XF8"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 05:03 PM
drraw
Total Posts:  54
Joined  04-09-2010

Thank you for your time and patience:

“On the screen shot you attached, with the Type set to 1Bank, you have the ALL file highlighted in your directory.  With the ALL file highlighted, press enter.”

All I see in the 1Bank shot is the “1Bank” highlighted & the “virtual piano” file.  The “all” is not in this particular snap shot.  I’m thinking that 8 years of post grad was not enough here :-(

BTW - I did read the referenced post.  Here is what I read and attempted it interpret:

“When you set the TYPE = 1 BANK VOICE, The options to LOAD to USR/FL1/FL2 will appear when you highlight the name of a file FOLDER (USR1-USR4, UDR) that you wish to load.”

I do not get the options to LOAD anywhere.  See attached image.

As far as the sample loading in the future, I guess I should always load the samples

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 05:04 PM
drraw
Joined  04-09-2010

image relating to post: not sure if I reached an image loading limit, but it will not indicate that you received the uploaded image

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 05:11 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
drraw - 26 May 2015 05:03 PM

Thank you for your time and patience:

“On the screen shot you attached, with the Type set to 1Bank, you have the ALL file highlighted in your directory.  With the ALL file highlighted, press enter.”

All I see in the 1Bank shot is the “1Bank” highlighted & the “virtual piano” file.  The “all” is not in this particular snap shot.  I’m thinking that 8 years of post grad was not enough here :-(

BTW - I did read the referenced post.  Here is what I read and attempted it interpret:

“When you set the TYPE = 1 BANK VOICE, The options to LOAD to USR/FL1/FL2 will appear when you highlight the name of a file FOLDER (USR1-USR4, UDR) that you wish to load.”

I do not get the options to LOAD anywhere.  See attached image.

As far as the sample loading in the future, I guess I should always load the samples

The “Virtual Piano” file you noted IS the ALL File that you must highlight and THEN press Enter.  ALL File refers to the type of file VirtualPianosXF.n2.X3A is...it does not refer to the word “all”.

With the 1 bank voice Type selected, highlight (select) VirtualPianosXF.n2.X3A in the Directory (Dir), then press Enter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 06:46 PM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

Don’t feel bad.  I jumped in with both feet trying to figure out the file system and the flash drive all at once also.  It’s just gonna take some time and determination.  Don’t get discouraged.  If you haven’t had the “DOH!” moment on this topic yet maybe this will help.

1 Press [FILE]
2 Where it say’s Type=all , change to 1 bank voice
3 Bank=USR1 - change to bank you want to be on motif.usr1,2,3 or 4
4 Now left arrow to directory screen and highlight the file you want to load.  Hit [ ENTER ]

The file is called a “ALL FILE” because it was saved with all information.  Even though your not going to load everything.

Now it should open up the “All File” and let you select the voice bank that your want to load.  It’s gonna load onto the motif into the user bank that you set in step 3.

I would suggest to get a good understanding of what the options for USR=USR FL1=None FL2=None mean when loading.  Only use FL1=FL1 when you want to write to flash board.  FL1=FL1 means save to flash board.....lol, Or Load it to flash board!  Really. I need to freshen up on the lingo myself.  Anyone got any good links on understanding the flashboard?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 07:07 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
mikebengel - 26 May 2015 06:46 PM

...Anyone got any good links on understanding the flashboard?

Yes, see my 2nd post in this thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 07:50 PM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

Thank’s, my friend.  lol.  Doh!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 11:57 PM
drraw
Joined  04-09-2010

Bless you!  I got it!  That explanation brought it to light and I feel smart again :-) Until my next dilemma ... thanks to all for your help and patience.  Namaste!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 12:21 AM
drraw
Joined  04-09-2010

okay ... I loaded the virtual piano as a 1bank to USR4 without a hitch and everything is there.  Next I repeated the same process with 1 bank and B’s Knees.  I loaded them to USR3.  I got the completed task comment.  However, B’s Knees are no where to be found.  I’m open to suggestions.  Thanks again :-(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 12:36 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
drraw - 27 May 2015 12:21 AM

okay ... I loaded the virtual piano as a 1bank to USR4 without a hitch and everything is there.  Next I repeated the same process with 1 bank and B’s Knees.  I loaded them to USR3.  I got the completed task comment.  However, B’s Knees are no where to be found.  I’m open to suggestions.  Thanks again :-(

What do you have in USR3 after the LOAD?  It sounds like perhaps you chose the wrong BANK in the B’s Knees to LOAD to USR3.  What I mean by that is the SOURCE BANK you chose from your B’s Knees ALL file was NOT the BANK in the ALL file that contained the new B’s Knees VOICES.

Also, double-check your other USR Banks to see if you accidentally sent them to a different BANK.

Carefully read the B’s Knees instructions to identify exactly which USR BANK of the B’s Knees ALL file contains the new VOICES, and be sure you designate that as the SOURCE file location and USR3 as the destination location.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 01:02 AM
drraw
Joined  04-09-2010

What I have in USR3 is exactly what I had prior to loading the B’s. They are not in the other banks.  I even did a voice search to check for the voices in case they loaded elsewhere.

This is what the instructions read:

5. Press the FILE button on the front panel of the Motif XF. You should see the field next to “Type” highlighted and it should be set to “all”.
6. Press the cursor up button once, then use the INC/YES button to select the file name “B’s Knees XF.n3.X3A” Press the right cursor button once,so the “Type” field is highlighted again, then press the right cursor button again to move to and highlight the field next to “Load USR”. Use either the INC/YES button or the Data Wheel to change the field so it reads “USR”.
7. Press the SF2 button (Load). Then press the INC/YES button once.
8. The library will start loading (you’ll see an onscreen message saying “Now Loading..”) When the loading process is complete, you will be returned to the FILE screen.
9. Press the VOICE button on the XF, then Press the User 4 bank button, and press A 1 to select the first voice and begin playing

From these instructions I cannot determine which USR BANK ALL file contains the new voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 01:50 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
drraw - 27 May 2015 01:02 AM

What I have in USR3 is exactly what I had prior to loading the B’s. They are not in the other banks.  I even did a voice search to check for the voices in case they loaded elsewhere.

This is what the instructions read:

5. Press the FILE button on the front panel of the Motif XF. You should see the field next to “Type” highlighted and it should be set to “all”.
6. Press the cursor up button once, then use the INC/YES button to select the file name “B’s Knees XF.n3.X3A” Press the right cursor button once,so the “Type” field is highlighted again, then press the right cursor button again to move to and highlight the field next to “Load USR”. Use either the INC/YES button or the Data Wheel to change the field so it reads “USR”.
7. Press the SF2 button (Load). Then press the INC/YES button once.
8. The library will start loading (you’ll see an onscreen message saying “Now Loading..”) When the loading process is complete, you will be returned to the FILE screen.
9. Press the VOICE button on the XF, then Press the User 4 bank button, and press A 1 to select the first voice and begin playing

From these instructions I cannot determine which USR BANK ALL file contains the new voices.

This tells me that the new VOICES are located in the USR4 BANK in the B’s Knees ALL file supplied to you.

Does that make sense?  If LOADING the ALL File in its entirety places the new VOICES in BANK 4, then the original file also has the purchased VOICES in BANK 4.

Therefore, you must select USR4 as the SOURCE BANK for your 1BANK LOAD.  You will then select USR3 as your DESTINATION BANK.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 09:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

When using load Type “1 bank voice”, it’s always important to know which Bank in the file is the correct source. Much of the time documentation that comes with a library indicates which Bank holds the new Voices. However, sometimes that information is missing, or just not at hand. In that case, there’s an easy way to determine which Bank should be selected as source.

1) Temporarily set the load Type to “voice”.
2) Highlight the file name in the Directory, then press [ENTER].
3) One by one, press [USER 1], [USER 2], [USER 3], [USER 4], [USER DR],
until you locate which Bank has the Voices you want to load - make note of that.

Once you know which Bank to load, change the Type to “1 bank voice” and continue as usual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 01:44 PM
drraw
Joined  04-09-2010

Here’s where I stand.  I reformatted my flash for the 4th time to start with a clean slate.  After completing that, I still have my Virtual Piano voices in USR3.  Not sure why?

I then loaded “B’s Knees” selecting USR4 as my SOURCE BANK, but selected USR4 as my DESTINATION BANK. Now, everything is exactly the way that I want them, though still puzzled as to why.  Something is not right as the attached image is the current state of my 1 GB Flash

For some reason, I cannot attach a small image :-( Shoot me now.

Image demonstrates that i have my entire flash memory available following having loaded “Virtual Piano” library and “B’s Knees” library.  This can’t be right

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 01:55 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
drraw - 27 May 2015 01:44 PM

Here’s where I stand.  I reformatted my flash for the 4th time to start with a clean slate.  After completing that, I still have my Virtual Piano voices in USR3.  Not sure why?

I then loaded “B’s Knees” selecting USR4 as my SOURCE BANK, but selected USR4 as my DESTINATION BANK. Now, everything is exactly the way that I want them, though still puzzled as to why.  Something is not right as the attached image is the current state of my 1 GB Flash

For some reason, I cannot attach a small image :-( Shoot me now.

Image demonstrates that i have my entire flash memory available following having loaded “Virtual Piano” library and “B’s Knees” library.  This can’t be right

This is from a previous post in this thread.  It is VERY important to understand the difference between Library (USER) VOICES, and Sample data:

2) USER BANK VOICES are completely separate from your Sample data on the Flash Board.  USER BANKS hold VOICES.  Flash Boards hold Sample Data.  You can LOAD VOICES into USER BANKS without ever addressing (or even needing) a Flash Board.  Deleting your Sample data from your Flash Board (Formatting) will not touch the VOICES in you USER BANKS.  However, any USER VOICES that depend on those samples will no longer play, of course.

What you are missing is this:  Formatting your Flash Board DOES NOT do ANYTHING to the VOICES in your USER BANK.  And by the same token, overwriting VOICES in a USER BANK does not do ANYTHING to the Sample data on the Flash Board.

There will ONLY be data sent to your Flash Board in a LOAD if:

1) There are actually Sample data available in the file being LOADED (such as Virtual Piano) and…

2) You direct that Sample data to be LOADED to FL1.

You must understand that once you LOAD the VOICES of a library to a USER BANK, they will remain there until you overwrite them.  Formatting your Flash Board will have no affect on the VOICES in your USER BANK.

Until you understand this concept, you will be very confused as to why things are happening the way they are!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 02:03 PM
drraw
Joined  04-09-2010

okay.  I am getting a better grip on this based upon your last post.  Assuming that I want the samples associated with the voice libraries, how do I go about getting them on the flash memory, for both libraries that I have.  Is there a start over with a clean slate that is available to me.  I do not currently have any self created songs, sequences or anything customized on my keyboard.  Thanks!

Also, am I missing anything with posting an image, since I seem to have lost the ability?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3