mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help setting up audio recording for my mox in Cubase 8"

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 02:15 PM
benhahn
Total Posts:  9
Joined  05-26-2015

Hello,

I am having the following problem:
When I start a new Cubase project using a template that includes an e-guitar, I am able to record my e-guitar to an audio track. But when I want to include an audio track for my guitar in an existing project, where I also use the mox vst-plugin, I just can`t get Cubase to receive an audio signal from my mox. I have activated 2rec/stereo in song mode, I can hear my guitar in the headphones, but Cubase does not receive anything from my guitar. There must be some conflicting configurations wehn using the mox-vst an the a/d part at the same time, because when I use the template and then create a new midi track for the mox-vst, again the same problem: no audio signal in Cubase. Any ideas?

Thx

Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2015 @ 02:50 PM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

The following was posted sometime back explaining what is going on.
Hopefully it will help you figure out how to gwet things working.

Quote:
When the MOX Ports do not appear in the DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > INPUT tab, it is specifically because they are IN USE elsewhere. (When you activate the template with the VST EDITOR) You have the MOX6/MOX8 VST using them. If they are in use within the MOX6/MOX8 Editor VST then they are not available as inputs on the VST CONNECTIONS INPUT tab, because they are already in use.

The OUTPUTS are there on the VST CONNECTIONS > OUTPUT tab because they are totally separate and represent your main OUTPUT for your computer’s audio.

To see where you have the INPUTS already in use: (Launch your Template that uses the VST Editor)
Go to the MOX6/MOX8 EDITOR VST
Click on FILE > VSTi SETUP > here you can see the PORTS you have in use.

If you were to go to the DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP screen you would see all 4 INPUT Ports are marked “Active”.

Next go to the DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > INPUT and you will not be able to select any of the ports for the MOX… this is because they are already in use. Routed elsewhere.

Go back to the MOX6/MOX8 VST > FILE > VSTI INPUTS
Deactivate one of them - just so you “get it”. Deactivate the one that says is number “1”
Click OK to apply this setting.
Now return to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > INPUTS

I bet that the one you deactivated in the VST is now available as an INPUT.

...Pause for the “AHA moment!”

Once you understand what a VST CONNECTION INPUT is, you will understand that you can set it manually in Cubase or you can use it within the “MOX6/MOX8 VST”.

If it was a physical cable plugged into a physical jack, it would be obvious - as it would be visible that the input had something already connected.. But because it is a “virtual” cable plugged into a “virtual” jack - you are not ‘seeing’ it. But hopefully you ‘get it’ now. If you connected the MOX virtually to the DAW INPUT within the EDITOR that INPUT has a jack in it already, you cannot connect something else to it. Where you can “see” it, is here: DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > VST AUDIO SYSTEM >

“Active” or “Inactive” is a STATE and is reporting the Status of whether a port is in use or not. It actually tells you that a cable is already in that jack - if you know how to read it. First thing I want to tell you about it is that STATE is a “READ ONLY” column.

Here’s what I mean - I’ve seen people try to click on it and change it from “inactive” to “active”. That is not what you do to change the “state”. If you go into the “MOX6/MOX8 Editor VST” and go to the “VSTI Setup” and you connect an OUTPUT to a DAW INPUT, that port’s status will have changed and it will now report it is “active” (or IN USE) within Cubase.

Next go back to the MOX6/MOX8 VST > FILE > VSTI SETUP
this time hit “CLEAR” - which will disconnect all of the Editor VST assignments.
and then click “OK” to make the change.

Now when you look at the DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP
You will see all MOX6/MOX8 INPUT ports are “Inactive” the status or state is: they are not assigned (not in use) anywhere. And if you go to VST CONNECTIONS > INPUTS all of the ports are available to be assigned manually.

End Quote:

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2015 @ 03:18 AM
benhahn
Total Posts:  9
Joined  05-26-2015

Thx for your helpful reply!

I managed to record my guitar in one of my projects but now a new problem occurred which I think might be connected to my changes somehow: Now, when I open a new project and add the mox to my rack, cubase seems to not use the vst inside the mox. Because when I turn off direct monitoring on my mox I cannot hear the notes I am playing although MIDI-signals are recorded. I don´t know how changes in one project could affect my general settings but in my old project everything is still fine. I am confused…

Thx for your help again!

Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using MOX6 to Trigger a VST Instrument...
Next Topic:

Down Load Isues/Support ››