mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic 9 with MOX6 crazy latency on MIDI recording."

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: May 22, 2015 @ 09:30 AM
mwd
Total Posts:  27
Joined  10-27-2011

Thank you so much for your time and help Phil. I have been experimenting since your last post. I have made progress in learning about this song mode you showed me. Still experiencing other issues but I’m not so sure it isn’t a Logic or iMac problem with latency.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2015 @ 10:12 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Happy to help mwd.

Give me an example of the issues you are experiencing now?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2015 @ 05:35 PM
mwd
Joined  10-27-2011

I still get latency on some of the stuff I record but it’s almost like it’s moving. Like a moving target. Going to check things out over the weekend. The red flag kind of went up when I had some MIDI parts aligned for timing. When I played them later in the day they were off. I had to re-align. I know my brain has some latency but not that much...lol.

At preset it could be drive speed, soundcard, Logic, MOX6, or using Logic 9 with Yosemite. Going to experiment with Logic X and see if the issue is less prevalent. Also going to do some loopback latency test. 

best,

mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2015 @ 05:55 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

That doesn’t sound typical of the kinds of latency people usually complain about. 

That sounds much, much worse.

It sounds like a jurassic-dino-turd amount of latency

You could change your buffer settings, which could improve matters, but based on what you’ve said, you should definitely run tests on your hardware.

My experience on this board tells me that many latency problems concerning the MOX6 in any capacity are commonly to do with how the person is using their DAW and equipment, so if you want to take me step by step through everything you do, I bet I can either help you fix or definitely improve matters.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2015 @ 08:32 PM
mwd
Joined  10-27-2011

Thanks Phil. In pursuing the problem further with one of my guitar forums it has come to my attention that the Logic forum was flooded with complaints similar to mine and that there was a definite issue with Logic 9 using Yosemite.

Apple never really acknowledged there was a problem and the only solution was basically to upgrade to Logic X. Which I already have but despise. I may have to try to get more comfortable with it because I doubt the issues will be resolved.

I definitely don’t classify myself as a pro but I have been doing digital recording for near 20 years and have encountered most issues a person can encounter but this one had (has) me stumped.

I will post back my findings in the event it might help someone else and may call on you for your kind offer. I really appreciate your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2