mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern with drums and a keyboard split"

Posted on: May 16, 2015 @ 07:24 PM
WaddyP
Total Posts:  65
Joined  08-19-2009

I want to have some drum patterns to play live with and I want to use a performance voice that I have made with a piano and bass split in it. I need to be able to play along with the drum pattern and play left hand bass with piano on the right hand. I have the patterns for the drums, but seem to only be able to assign voices to play along with it. I can not seem to find a way to pull up one of the perform splits that I have made. Is this possible?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2015 @ 08:26 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Each Part in Pattern mode can only be a single Voice, not a Performance, but that shouldn’t prevent you from accomplishing what you want. Start with your drum Pattern. Choose a Part and select the Voice you want for the piano, and another for the bass. Then use Note Limit on those two Parts to set the split as you did for the Performance. Set the same Receive Channel for the Parts.

See the XS Owner’s Manual, pages 235 and 151-152, for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2015 @ 01:52 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

thanks 5 pin. I didn’t realize that in the pattern mode i could assign midi channels to the different tracks. That along with note limits should do the trick. I will check this out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2015 @ 02:21 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
WaddyP - 17 May 2015 01:52 PM

thanks 5 pin. I didn’t realize that in the pattern mode i could assign midi channels to the different tracks. That along with note limits should do the trick. I will check this out.

You’re welcome.

Just to make this clear…
This doesn’t involve track MIDI channel assignment. Tracks act as MIDI transmitters, as does the keyboard. Parts are MIDI receivers. In order for the Parts to all be played on the channel the keyboard is transmitting, they have to be set to the same Receive Channel. That always happens with Parts in Performance Mode, but in Pattern/Song mode it has to be set manually.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2015 @ 02:29 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

Thank you so much 5 pin. It took a little digging and that works, awesome!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2015 @ 03:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
WaddyP - 17 May 2015 02:29 PM

Thank you so much 5 pin. It took a little digging and that works, awesome!

I’m glad that did the trick.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ wav’s
Next Topic:

XS8 N8 Issues ››