mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transpose via External CC"

Posted on: May 08, 2015 @ 07:58 AM
orkanoid
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-30-2015

hello, does the rack xs respond to any cc for transposing or note shifting a voice? i control the rack xs with a step sequencer, what i am trying to do is transpose a melody i write on the sequencer. my sequencer doesn’t have a transpose function, so i have to change all notes manually. however the sequencer can send any midi cc i choose, so if the motif responds to cc for transposing then i can easily transpose the melody with a single cc. any clues?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2015 @ 09:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

From a Yamaha standpoint, MIDI data that’s transmitted, either from a keyboard or sequencer, can be transposed. With a Rack unit, of course, you’d want to change things from a standpoint of received MIDI data. That’s where Note Shift would apply.

Master Note Shift can be accomplished via a SysEx message. It does the same as if using Utility mode Note Shift as detailed on page 98 of the Rack XS Owner’s manual.

Can your sequencer send SysEx? If so, I’ll explain further.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2015 @ 09:30 AM
orkanoid
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-30-2015

nope, it just transmits controller change messages. but i will get a novation zero or behringer bcr 2000 soon, both are supposedly able to send sysex. then i’ll ask for help again when i get one :) thanks for the info!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2015 @ 11:15 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are some alternatives. One possibility is MIDI software that can transpose for you, so you don’t have to do it manually note-by-note. Another is to use a MIDI Event Processor, which can take the incoming message and convert it to something else.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Rack XS Arp Sync
Next Topic:

MPK and Yamaha XS Rack mapping ››