mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Preventing Drum voices from triggering from the keyboard within Song or Pattern Mode"

Posted on: May 07, 2015 @ 10:51 AM
rickshapiro
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-16-2008

I have a MoXF and am programming my setlist using the Song mode and mixing setups. I am not using the sequencer but using the mixing voices to do splits, layers and toggling between sounds. I need more then the Performance Mode offers.

I am setting a track to a drum voice and assigning arps to it. I just want it to start when I hit the keyboard. I have a bass, piano, and drums set to channel one and all the tracks set to 1. Bass and piano are split.

The problem is I do not want the drum voice to be heard when I strike the keyboard.

I am sure this is something simple, any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2015 @ 04:34 AM
rickshapiro
Joined  05-16-2008

Figured it out. Need to turn off the drum accent setting.  This should be defaulted off in my opinion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2015 @ 06:53 AM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

You said you wanted the drum to start when you hit the keyboard, then you didn’t want it to start when you hit the keyboard.  I’m a little lost in translation.  I’ve been doing a very similar setup as you.  When you go to Mixing/edit, then select the drum track. You can set the midi key for the drum arp to be activated.  It’s the keyboard range on the arp page.  Then the next page over set it to toggle.  It’s the ARP other page, Trigger Mode=gate.  Change it to toggle.  That key will turn the arp for the drum on and off each time you hit that key.  Maybe this helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2015 @ 09:36 AM
rickshapiro
Joined  05-16-2008

I wanted the arpeggiator to start when I hit the keyboard but did not want to trigger the drum voice with the keyboard. 

I am good now.

[ Ignore ]