mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase + MOXF6 - How to create MIDI song with multiple voices and play back with the synth ?"

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 06:14 PM
szfjozsef
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-03-2015

Just purchased the MOXF6 and installed Cubase 8AI.
I manged to configure the synth with Cubase but I’m stuck at creating multitrack song to play back with the MOXF.
Here is what I wnat to do:
- Create separate tracks for drums, bass, lead1, lead2 and some automation.
- Open the piano roll for every track and create the song elements (patterns).
- Arrange the patterns to form the final song.

But things aren’t working as expected. I select a midi track and I have to set channel to a number (instead of “Any") to be able to select an actual voice from MOXF, instead of a GM voice. Ok, but when I select the second track track and set it to CH 2, select another MOXF voice, track 2 does not play, it’s muted.
I changed in the DEVICE at the UTILITY -> MIDI -> CH: BasicRcvCh = omni, in this case all tracks in Cubase does play, but ONLY the last selected voice is playing. Eg. 1st track is Drums, second is Bass, when I select a bass voice for track2, the drums track notes also play as bass. :-(

I understand that I have only one MOXF device. But with GM voices I can select any instrument for a track from 0 to 127 and those voices are playing fine with the MOXF. So the synth figures out which instrument to play according to the track settings. But when I want to use the actual MOXF voices, this does not work anymore.

I don’t want to play music on the actual device, I would like to create the patterns/songs in Cubase. Can somebody help me configuring the device and Cubase to be able to create multitrack songs as it’s done with multiple VST instruments?
Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 06:27 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi szfjozsef,

Welcome to the forums.

Which mode on your MOXF are using when doing all of this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 08:13 PM
szfjozsef
Joined  05-03-2015
philwoodmusic - 03 May 2015 06:27 PM

Hi szfjozsef,
Welcome to the forums.

Thank you!

philwoodmusic - 03 May 2015 06:27 PM

Which mode on your MOXF are using when doing all of this?

It’s in voice mode. Also the DAW toggle has no effect on voice playing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 08:29 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Voice mode is a one part only mode, so it will let you play one voice only.

What you need to do, is use a multi timbral mode, which is either SONG or PATTERN mode.

Song Mode may look like the place where you work with the onboard sequencer on your MOXF, and it is, but it is also a multi timbral state.

Multi timbral means to produce two or more parts at the same time

You get 16 parts (the 16 tracks) and they correspond directly to MIDI channels 1 to 16 and with tracks assigned to them on Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2015 @ 10:58 AM
szfjozsef
Joined  05-03-2015
philwoodmusic - 03 May 2015 08:29 PM

What you need to do, is use a multi timbral mode, which is either SONG or PATTERN mode.

Thank you very much!

That is the correct answer!
I managed to connect the synth to any music creation software by selecting the midi out to MOXF6/8 and choosing the midi 1...16 channel, those channels’ voices and their effects being chosen in the synth.

Great! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can’t figure out how/where to save layered sounds
Next Topic:

Moxf8 or Roland FA08.? ››