mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB Driver not found"

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 07:36 AM
acoustimax
Total Posts:  10
Joined  04-08-2015

I am trying to get my MOX6 running with Cubase 6

I am on Win7/64

It was working at one point but I found the whole thing perplexing. Before I stick it on Gumtree I decided to have another go with it. Now when I switch it on I get the USB ‘installing new software’

Why would it need installing, it was already installed.

Anyway, when the process completes, it says “software not installed, there was an error”

Both the Yamaha USB-MIDI(WDM) and the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver (version 1.9.2)are shown as installed.

But on Device Manager it shows the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver as having the Exclamation mark - not working.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, rolled it back to v1.6.2, 1.7.2, uninstalling and re-installing, yet I get the same error - driver not installed.

I have tried install new hardware and pointed to the inf file in the Yamaha folder, still, no driver found - this Yamaha stuff is doing my head in

Does anyone want to buy it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 09:04 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since your problems seem to be related to Cubase and the Steinberg driver, you might want to see if assistance from Steinberg would help:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=202

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 09:29 AM
acoustimax
Joined  04-08-2015
5pinDIN - 27 April 2015 09:04 AM

Since your problems seem to be related to Cubase and the Steinberg driver, you might want to see if assistance from Steinberg would help:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=202

The arose even before Cubase starts Windows did not ‘see’ the device, well it saw it but said the driver was not installed correctly.

I have made some progress. I went through the Install New Hardware routine and pointed it to the inf file and now the driver is working and on startign Cubase it is also seen.

But no luck when I run the auto-sync it says time out error. I have the following settings…

MOX:
UTILITY/MIDI IO/USB,
UTILITY/MIDI SWITCH/LOCAL Ctrl:off
UTILITY/MIDI SWITCH/RcvBlk:on
GENERAL/REMOTE/DAW Select:Cubase

CUBASE
DEVICES/DEVICE SETUP/VST Audio:Yamaha Steinberg USB Audio
On the USB Audio Control Panel the MOX is showing as the Audio Device and is active.

It’s Working - in Cubase Remote Devices it had defaulted to MOX MIDI Port 2 instead of Port 1, I changed it and now it works!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2015 @ 11:10 AM
acoustimax
Joined  04-08-2015

I had to go through the Windows Add New Hardware routine, pointing it manually to the .inf file when I got to the ‘Have Disk’ option, and helpfully, the previous attempts had put the .inf file in a Yamaha folder.

It went on straight away and now I have the MOX working perfectly, slots into Cubase no problem at all. And I am nothing less than delighted it works as a VST - takes me back to the days when I had the SWG1000 card installed, and I loved that card, why manufacturers, especially Yamaha dropped such products, a synth in your PC I can’t work out.

But the MOX does the job perfectly. I have now put up for sale my Supernova Rack, MOTIF ES Rack and old Triton. The MOX rocks - runs as VST, 4 arpeggiators running together, output the arps to another synth or into a track in Cubase, the AI knob, use as a control surface, I can’t fault it, it’s brill.

And will be looking out for a MOXF! At one point I was so exasperated with the thing I had put it on Gumtree and had a buyer, but I got it working before he came to collect - phew!

[ Ignore ]