mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS MALN Recording needs Midi..?"

Posted on: April 28, 2015 @ 03:02 PM
kinny
Total Posts:  36
Joined  12-21-2005

Hello;

I used the Motif ES recording in the past. THis is what I used to do on the ES.

1. Make a song on ES.
2. Convert it to Midi
3. Copy and Open the MIDI file on the PC.
4. Use the USB interface to control the ES from the PC.
5. Record the output of the XS Analog voice of EACH track by SOLO’ing each MIDI channel on the PC.
6. THis allowed my timing to be all the tracks to be in sync.

I now moved to the XS and the performaces are AMAZING. And I now have an MLAN interface card.

Should I still have to convert to MIDI before I can move the tracks onto the PC or is there a simpler way..

Thanks MUCH..!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2015 @ 07:32 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Kinny,

Here’s a very simple way…

If you’re creating music in your XS’s onboard sequencer to begin with, in Song Mode for example, and you wish to make audio files of that to drop into your DAW for mixing, you can export a WAV file to USB using the XS itself, transfer that to your computer on a drive and import it into your DAW.

See Method 1 on this tutoral.

This will enable you to skip converting MIDI and any kind of real time audio transfer, completely.

You can also use the mute buttons on the XS to isolate parts so that you can make exclusive WAV files of them in a similar way to how you used SOLO on your MIDI channels to isolate parts, too.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ searching for a post
Next Topic:

Motif XS8 Main Audio Shuts off... ››