mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "powerful sound on DT 770 Pro?"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 02:28 PM
salvosound
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-08-2013

Sorry man i misread your post, i was in a hurry, i’m aware now u talked about the cable..
I will do the attempt to switch to L/MONO or R output..
I will let u know.
Thank you very much 5PINDIN and sorry again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 04:11 PM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

I tried with left output connector on the keyb and sound, mono this time, is low, half-sized as one can expect (sorry for my emglish).
Anyway i am trying with the preset sounds in PERFORM mode and i notice that changing preset i can obtain a better volume with the ampli.. no matter what i have with direct link headphone-keyb. Not tried, not interested to this time..
At this point i can say:
This headphone amp produces not so exciting gap related to a direct link connection. ..but on the contrary gives a good and warm sound without distortions.
That’s what i have with my DT 770 PRO on Motif XF6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 07:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
salvosound - 27 April 2015 04:11 PM

I tried with left output connector on the keyb and sound, mono this time, is low, half-sized as one can expect (sorry for my emglish).

OK. I just wanted to make sure that the XF’s internal headphone amp was working - it appears that it is.

salvosound -

Anyway i am trying with the preset sounds in PERFORM mode and i notice that changing preset i can obtain a better volume with the ampli.. no matter what i have with direct link headphone-keyb. Not tried, not interested to this time..
At this point i can say:
This headphone amp produces not so exciting gap related to a direct link connection. ..but on the contrary gives a good and warm sound without distortions.
That’s what i have with my DT 770 PRO on Motif XF6.

I did some research, and found that the DT -770 Pro headphones have a sensitivity spec of 98 dB SPL/volt. That’s a fairly average sensitivity, producing 98 dB SPL for a 1 volt signal level.

Musical Fidelity claims the V-CANII will output 0.25Watts/channel into 32 ohms. (Of course, that requires sufficient input level.) That’s about 2.8 volts into 32 ohms, which given the DT-770 sensitivity would be incredibly loud.

Something seems wrong - based on specs, 32 ohm DT-770 phones should normally be loud enough directly from the XF PHONES jack. If not, the amp should be able to sufficiently increase the level. Some investigation might be helpful - I’d try other phones as the first step.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 08:00 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 27 April 2015 07:41 PM

Something seems wrong - based on specs, 32 ohm DT-770 phones should normally be loud enough directly from the XF PHONES jack. If not, the amp should be able to sufficiently increase the level. Some investigation might be helpful - I’d try other phones as the first step.

I’m curious as to what the output gain is set at.  There’s a marked difference from +0db to +6db.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 08:36 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 27 April 2015 08:00 PM

I’m curious as to what the output gain is set at.  There’s a marked difference from +0db to +6db.

That’s a valid consideration. Although the default is +6dB, it’s possible that somehow it got set lower.

Audio In/Out Settings, (2) L & R Gain, on page 223 of the XF Reference Manual covers that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2015 @ 07:51 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

I am away from home atm.
But tell me, even adjusting this gain the benefit will be both in direct phones connection and ampli to keyb connection?
So anyway the difference will not change? Or i am wrong?

Another thing:
it would be possible that sometimes changes having a volume increasing if i unplug my mic from the keyb?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2015 @ 08:36 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
salvosound - 28 April 2015 07:51 AM

I am away from home atm.
But tell me, even adjusting this gain the benefit will be both in direct phones connection and ampli to keyb connection?
So anyway the difference will not change? Or i am wrong?

Both the phones and line outputs will change at the same time. However, if you use a headphone amp, you can control that volume.

salvosound -

Another thing:
it would be possible that sometimes changes having a volume increasing if i unplug my mic from the keyb?

Unplugging a mic from the A/D INPUT normally should not cause an increase in output level.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2015 @ 12:01 PM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Gone on utility tab of my motif, the gain was already to +6db.
Really i don’t know what to do to benefit of a volume improvement with this amp..:D
Maybe it’s a wrong one :O

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2015 @ 01:29 PM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

I bought this with amphenol connectors, just for the sake to try

Image Attachments
amhpenol.jpeg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2015 @ 03:36 PM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Only for curiosity...If i used the millenium hp 1 headphone amplifier on my motif, what type of cable should i choose?
This is the back of the ampli:

Image Attachments
153548_08.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Vocal recording out
Next Topic:

Noise waveform ››