mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need Help…I’m doing something wrong!"

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 11:38 PM
azroadcyclist
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-24-2015

First off let me say Thanks to all who post on this forum...there is so much great information here! I thought I had solved my problem by looking at some older threads, but I’m still having it.  I am a new owner of a MOXF8 and purchased both Vintage Keys and the 80’s Pop Rock libraries.  I can load either individually with no problem to USR3 using ALL.  However, when I try to load either one to USR2 using 1 Bank Voice, I get an error that says file not found.  Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2015 @ 04:18 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
azroadcyclist - 24 April 2015 11:38 PM

[...] I am a new owner of a MOXF8 and purchased both Vintage Keys and the 80’s Pop Rock libraries.  I can load either individually with no problem to USR3 using ALL.  However, when I try to load either one to USR2 using 1 Bank Voice, I get an error that says file not found.  Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum.

First, let’s verify that the most recent OS version is installed in your MOXF (current is 1.10)…
Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Read the displayed firmware (Firm:)
See page 150 of the MOXF Reference Manual
If you don’t have the Reference Manual, a PDF version of it is available here, along with other useful manuals :
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?category_id1=16277&product_id=1816956
If your MOXF has an older OS installed, it should probably be updated.

Otherwise…
Set Load Type to 1BankVoice.
See page 156 of the MOXF Reference Manual.
See Bad_Mister’s post in this thread, especially the 1 BANK VOICE information:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/468497/
If you set the source and destination banks correctly, the Voices should load to the bank you choose.

I hope that helps. If not, please post again, and we’ll dig a little deeper.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2015 @ 08:48 PM
azroadcyclist
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-24-2015

That helped perfectly!  Thank You so much!  As soon as updated the OS everything loaded right where I needed it to go.  Thanks again :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2015 @ 10:05 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
azroadcyclist - 26 April 2015 08:48 PM

That helped perfectly!  Thank You so much!  As soon as updated the OS everything loaded right where I needed it to go.  Thanks again :)

You’re welcome - I’m glad that the problem was resolved.

[ Ignore ]