mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stuck notes for external synth"

Posted on: April 25, 2015 @ 07:01 PM
johnbz
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-14-2014

Hi,

So...I’ve now read through everything I could locate regarding how to set up the MOXF8 to run an external synth, but I still have a problem with notes getting stuck. If I play an external synth from an old M-Audio keyboard controller, the synth (which is playing a unison monophonic patch) plays absolutely fine. When I try to play the same thing from my MOXF8, the first 2 or 3 notes are fine, but after that the notes do not following what I’m playing correctly, and then the external box gets notes stuck on. Also, it will be the case that the synth ignores any more note-on events after that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
JBZ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2015 @ 07:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Please describe exactly how the external synth and the MOXF are connected (MIDI In/Out), and any other MIDI-related gear (computer, etc.) and how it’s connected (DIN, USB).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2015 @ 07:26 PM
johnbz
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-14-2014

I’m using a single MIDI cable from the MOXF8 MIDI Out to the external synth MIDI In. No other connections are involved (except audio output, of course). No USB involved; no computer. No sustain foot switches plugged in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2015 @ 08:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are a few possible causes of what you’re experiencing. Just to verify that the MIDI cable is OK, and that the MOXF MIDI-Out is working as it should…
1) Turn the MOXF Local Control off - see page 148 of the MOXF Reference Manual. Verify that playing the MOXF keys produces no output from the MOXF.
2) Connect the MIDI cable from the MOXF MIDI-Out to its MIDI-In. Playing the MOXF keys should now produce output from the MOXF.

If the above doesn’t work, try another cable. If it still doesn’t work, the MIDI-Out port might have problems.

If the above does work…
The original MIDI spec runs the Out ports with 5 volts. Some recent synths use 3.3 volts. Unfortunately, that can sometimes be insufficient to put enough current through the MIDI-In opto-coupler of a connected device, and tends to be more likely if that device is an older one. I believe that the MOXF is one of those synths that runs 3.3 volt MIDI.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need Help...I’m doing something wrong!
Next Topic:

Arp Volume ››