mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO6 Some Sounds Don’t Work"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 11, 2015 @ 04:49 PM
Tugboat
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-11-2015

Hi,

I have an MO6 that I bought used on the cheap a long time ago. To make a long story short, I’ve been ITB for the past few years, and using the MO6 as a MIDI controller. (Along with a P120 for the 88 hammer action option.)

Recently I’ve decided to get a stand-alone keyboard workflow going again, and, alas, the internal voices on the MO6 don’t all work properly or at all.

SOME of the voices sound great.

SOME of the voices sound extremely muffled/muted, extremely low volume and/or distorted

SOME don’t sound at all, especially bass guitars. I’ve done the test mode thing and reset to factory, to no avail.

Is there an internal battery that could be replaced (CMOS or something?) It seems as though one sound engine might be knocked out, but I don’t have enough knowledge about the under the hood stuff to even speculate.

Is it fixable? Is it worth fixing? I may just upgrade anyway, perhaps an MOXF6 or something…

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. TIA.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2015 @ 12:18 PM
Tugboat
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-11-2015

Do I feel stupid. It was just a cabling issue. For reasons unknown to me some frequencies were not getting properly through my audio interface, and fixing this has made my MO6 fully functional again.

Thought I’d post this just in case any other MO6/8 owners might be concerned, as these machines ARE getting long in the tooth…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2015 @ 08:03 PM
J_D_S_Y
Total Posts:  115
Joined  11-01-2011

yeah My presonus interface has scratchy pots, and sometimes the headphone out doesn’t function properly.

I just ordered a mo6 off ebay, which is said to be in excellent condition, so I’m just really keeping my fingers crossed that it will be 100%. I paid less than 500 bucks with shipping, so hopefully it’s just someone who wanted to make a quick sale and that the board is good.

I had one a few years ago and one key was funky. So it’s more likely that the one coming tomorrow will be better than the first one I had.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 12:07 AM
htibcsike
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-18-2015

Hi Everybody! I’m Tibor from Hungary and I’m glad to found this forum. I bought a MO6 keyboard and I chose and bought 4 voice packs from shop.motifator.com. We think, some voice packs not compatible with my instrument, but I chose “MO series” before buying. I never used studio synthesizers and I’m visually impaired, the Hungarian Yamaha Service helped me to load the voices and copy to user memory, but the man couldn’t find anything to load in some voice packs. :-( If it’s possible, I would like to ask and buy good quality, full-compatible voices to MO6, certainly I would pay it. Thank you very much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 09:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
htibcsike - 19 April 2015 12:07 AM

Hi Everybody! I’m Tibor from Hungary and I’m glad to found this forum.

Welcome to the forum.

htibcsike -

I bought a MO6 keyboard and I chose and bought 4 voice packs from shop.motifator.com. We think, some voice packs not compatible with my instrument, but I chose “MO series” before buying. I never used studio synthesizers and I’m visually impaired, the Hungarian Yamaha Service helped me to load the voices and copy to user memory, but the man couldn’t find anything to load in some voice packs. :-( If it’s possible, I would like to ask and buy good quality, full-compatible voices to MO6, certainly I would pay it. Thank you very much!

For the files that couldn’t be loaded, can you please tell us the exact file names, complete with file extension?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 09:36 AM
htibcsike
Joined  04-18-2015

Hi! I bought the voices here: http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/mo-voice-libraries.html?limit=30
The voice banks: Axxe - Guitar Voice Bank, Vintage Keys, 80s Pop/Rock Voice Bank, Orchestr’ale - Voice Bank and B’s Knees - Voice Bank. When I took it into the Yamaha service, before I unpacked and copied in directories to a pendrive. The man couldn’t see anything. Can I send you the zipfiles to you? How can I load these banks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 09:57 AM
htibcsike
Joined  04-18-2015

I try to attach the zipfiles what I bought.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 10:19 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
htibcsike - 19 April 2015 09:57 AM

This needs to be removed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 10:59 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
htibcsike - 19 April 2015 09:57 AM

Please edit your post and remove the attached zip file.

There are usually instructions in the PDF files for each of the libraries which describe how to load to the MO. In general, you have to find the folder which contains the MO files, and copy pairs of files - either .M7A + .M8A or .W7A + .W8A - to your USB drive. If a library doesn’t contain those files, then it will usually have an Editor file - the file extension ends in “E” - and that file can be loaded by using the Editor software.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 11:45 AM
htibcsike
Joined  04-18-2015

Thank you very much! Which editor software can I use?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2015 @ 12:49 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
htibcsike - 19 April 2015 11:45 AM

Thank you very much!

You’re welcome!

htibcsike -

Which editor software can I use?

Of the libraries you have, it seems that the only one which needs to be loaded via the Editor is Orchestr’ale. The PDF indicates it will require the Yamaha MO6/MO8 Voice Editor and Multi Part Editor. Those editors run under the Studio Manager software. All three can all be downloaded here:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?category_id1=16277&category_id2=16381&product_id=106369

Be sure to get the correct version of each for your computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2015 @ 01:09 AM
htibcsike
Joined  04-18-2015

Thank you very much! I will try it and I’m curious, how Can I use with screenreader programs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2015 @ 06:51 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
htibcsike - 21 April 2015 01:09 AM

Thank you very much! I will try it and I’m curious, how Can I use with screenreader programs.

That might be a problem with the Yamaha Editors. Motifator member Joshy has said that they don’t work with JAWS, for example.
You can read what he said in his fourth post in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/463531/

You might be able to work with the John Melas software. The Orchestr’ale files include ones for the Melas Editor, and the PDF indicates that his Total Librarian can be used to send the data. The information for the Voice Editor claims “Accessibility for VIM users! Every parameter is readable by screen reading software!”

I suggest that you contact John Melas, let him know that you have a MO and one of his “.all” files for the ES, and ask him if his software will meet your needs.

Email
Website http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2015 @ 01:30 PM
htibcsike
Joined  04-18-2015

Hi! Thank you very much! I bought from John Melas website the MO6 full package. I’d like to ask can the Editors works in realtime? So when I connect MO6 to my PC and I would like to edit performances, voices etc., can I hear the changes before saving or I can hear in realtime? Can I edit the original, built-in voices or just what I bought? Which connect mode is better and simple: usb or midi? Thank you very much the answers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2015 @ 06:58 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
htibcsike - 25 April 2015 01:30 PM

Hi! Thank you very much!

You’re welcome.

htibcsike -

I bought from John Melas website the MO6 full package. I’d like to ask can the Editors works in realtime? So when I connect MO6 to my PC and I would like to edit performances, voices etc., can I hear the changes before saving or I can hear in realtime?

I don’t use the Melas software, but as far as I know the edits are real-time.

htibcsike -

Can I edit the original, built-in voices or just what I bought?

Any Voices can be edited. Of course, if you want to keep edits of the Preset ("built-in") ones, they would have to be stored to User locations.

htibcsike -

Which connect mode is better and simple: usb or midi? Thank you very much the answers!

Use USB. Be sure to install the proper USB-MIDI driver for your computer operating system, available from the download site I gave previously.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2015 @ 06:03 PM
htibcsike
Joined  04-18-2015

Thank you very much the fast answers! In hungarian forum they says me I must set the USB/midi connect on MO6? I would like to use USB connect. How can I set it? Can MO6 keep the USB settings or I must set always? Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bad sound Mo6 after test program
Next Topic:

common voice settings ››