mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6 - purchased b’s knees and now all user banks full of junk"

Posted on: April 23, 2015 @ 08:12 PM
woodsglen
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-17-2012

When I load the b’s knees file - ( as instructed ) my mox6 is full of all kinds of “junk” than I did not ask for on my other user banks.

What the heck?

Is this normal?

So, I purchase a sound bank and loose all of my own patches?

Something is wrong somewhere.  anyone have any suggestions.

I’m using the “usb” drive method BTW.

Woods Glen

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2015 @ 08:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since you reposted your original MOXF forum post…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475212/
...I’ll repost my reply to it:

I’ll be able to offers suggestions, based on your replies to the following…

Did you make a backup “All” file of your own data before loading the B’s Knees file?

What is the exact file name of the B’s Knees file, including file extension?

Which User Voice bank do the B’s Voices load to? Are there any Performances based on those Voices?

------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to your reply in the MOXF forum post, please respond to my last two questions. My moX-TEXT program should help with that:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472111/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2015 @ 10:43 PM
woodsglen
Joined  01-17-2012

Here was my process “ as detailed as I can try to be )

Pressed “File”
Set Type to ALL Button, then F2 ( save )
backed up mox to Clean USB drive with :
Root/ ( Also tried using a sub directory )
Type:  All file name:  orig.X4A

SF1 ( EXEC )…..  Done

Load B’sKnees.X4A from computer to thumb drive
( tried both in root and in sub directories )

File - F3: Load
Type All
Highlight B’sKnees.X4A file
SF1: EXEC

It loads up all of my data folders
The Keyfax Voices are supposed to be on User 3

As for “performance bases, if you mean Drums playing along when I hit the “perform button”
In the User 3 bank, yes.

( so far I never have used that feature, always play as a keyboard instrument ).

What ever is going on is repeatable no matter what I try.  Thank God I backed up my Axe!

I appreciate your help.

Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2015 @ 11:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I’ll try to help, based on the information you’ve provided.

Load your “orig.X4A” file. If you’ve saved and reloaded it correctly, that should get things back to where they were before you loaded the B’s Knees one. Determine which User Voice bank you want to load B’s Knees to.

See page 156 of the MOX Reference Manual.
Set Load Type to 1BankVoice.
See Bad_Mister’s post in this thread, especially the 1 BANK VOICE information:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/468497/

If you set the source and destination banks correctly, the B’s Knees Voices will load to the bank you choose, and won’t overwrite other banks.

I still can’t tell from your reply if the the MOX B’s Knees file includes Performances. (The Motif XS one does.) If you install my moX-TEXT program (Windows only) and run it on the B’s Knees .X4A file, it will produce a .TXT (text) file. If you zip that and attach it to a post here, I can determine what’s in the .X4A.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 12:18 AM
woodsglen
Joined  01-17-2012

OK, your program is cool…

Here’s the zip file.

thanks again, enjoyed reading your posts and your work!

Wayne

File Attachments
B'SKNEES.X4A.txt.zip  (File Size: 11KB - Downloads: 414)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 12:45 AM
woodsglen
Joined  01-17-2012

That hit the nail on the head.

Someone should Sticky that Bad Mister Post.  I must have done web searches and youtube searches with every combination of keywords I cold think of

God only knows why the software company does not have the common sense to send you directions like that if they are sending you patches that they tell you are specifically for User 3.

I can manage my patches from there - but to tell someone specifically to set their file type to “ALL” is absurd.

For anyone who wants to know at this point, it’s Keyfax.

I spent most of my afternoon ( read about 8 hours now ) F*&&^ing around with this when people who make money selling software and are astute enough to write great patches like this can’t bother to take a few moments to implement their software instillation properly.

I want to really thank you for the spending your valuable time to help me with this, You have no idea how much I appreciated it.

...  And I did see the “1 Bank Voice” option on the file type but was not aware of the sub menu on the other side.  And from what I could gather, the jam-packed 72 page owners manual devoted one whole page and a micro paragraph to saving/loading data. ( page 57 to be exact.

if it wasn’t for forums like this and especially Cakewalk and Finale noting would get done.

So, once again, Thank you.

Now, if you know of some GUI that I can drag and drop patches from bank to bank and group to group, I’m all ears.

I have a hunch the Yamaha software won;t be that “easy”

Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 01:00 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
woodsglen - 24 April 2015 12:18 AM

OK, your program is cool…

Thanks.

woodsglen -

Here’s the zip file.

thanks again, enjoyed reading your posts and your work!

Wayne

Thanks for posting the moX-TEXT generated file. It shows the B’s Knees Voices are indeed in User 3. It also reveals that the first eight locations in Performance Bank 2 are B’s Knees ones. The rest of the Voices and Performances are factory.

The User 3 Voice Bank can be loaded as I previously suggested. The eight Performances can be loaded individually to Performance bank locations of your choosing, as explained on page 156 of the Reference Manual.

B’s Knees Performances:
USR2:001(A01) Be-Bop Duo
USR2:002(A02) Shortcakes
USR2:003(A03) Movin’
USR2:004(A04) 6/8 Time
USR2:005(A05) RockPurple
USR2:006(A06) Funkin’It
USR2:007(A07) SmoothJamm
USR2:008(A08) ReggaeHouse

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 01:34 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
woodsglen - 24 April 2015 12:45 AM

...Now, if you know of some GUI that I can drag and drop patches from bank to bank and group to group, I’m all ears.

I have a hunch the Yamaha software won;t be that “easy”

Wayne

The John Melas tools are what I would recommend to you.  Specifically, his Total Librarian is spot-on for what you are seeking above.  You will be able to quickly and easily set up any number of custom USER BANK configurations of VOICES for particular situations, and LOAD them in seconds via USB thumb drive.

Beyond that, I recommend all of his tools, which I would not be without.

They are available in a pre-purchase DEMO form also, I believe.

You can find the Total Librarian and his other offerings Here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 07:16 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
woodsglen - 24 April 2015 12:45 AM

[...]I want to really thank you for the spending your valuable time to help me with this, You have no idea how much I appreciated it.

You’re welcome - I’m glad you got the Voices loaded where you wanted. I hope you’re able to do the same with the eight Performances.

woodsglen -

… And I did see the “1 Bank Voice” option on the file type but was not aware of the sub menu on the other side.  And from what I could gather, the jam-packed 72 page owners manual devoted one whole page and a micro paragraph to saving/loading data. ( page 57 to be exact.[...]

I did notice that you mentioned 1 Bank Voice in your other thread. Yes, unfortunately sometimes the information in the manual(s) isn’t sufficiently clear. However, you mentioned only the Owner’s Manual, so I want to be sure you’re aware of the Reference Manual, which goes into more depth. If you don’t already have it, it’s available in PDF form along with other useful manuals:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?category_id1=16277&category_id2=16381&product_id=1464171

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 09:38 AM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

woodsglen,

For your info - this forum is not owned or presented by Yamaha.

It is owned and presented by Keyfax.

Thank you Keyfax.

WE all suffer documentation omissions from time to time, but generally a bit of time re-reading will deliver the answers you seek.

To be sure, the Yamaha MOX manual leaves a lot to be desired.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2015 @ 03:14 PM
woodsglen
Joined  01-17-2012

Keyfax, I do stand by the statement that your patches are outstanding.  Absolutely fantastic.

Maybe someone should know, I emailed you almost 24 hours ago about my difficulty and have not heard anything.

One person in an organization can’t do everything, so we understand things happen and procedure manuals always have things that will surface “sooner or later” depending on who is doing what procedure and the level of experience of the user.

In My situation, I am a plug and play 61 year old classical organist that likes to play other music too and play out on occasion.

So, I only knew what I was told.  Most likely people who purchased your programs did not even need to read the instructions.

So, it’s clear, I deliberately was careful to make sure that I credited the outstanding patches of the B3’s, etc.  I can’t wait to load my AXXX and Keys programs.  Now that I know how to load user banks and the software I need to move things around between banks efficiently, I’ll be a lot happier.

I searched your Keyfax site for FAQ’s etc looking for the answer and I called 15 minutes before scheduled closing, and emailed and no answer, so I think I am justified to say that you may want to have a review of your documentation so my experience is an isolated case.

thanks for listening!

Wayne (- a satisfied customer - just so and everyone else knows. - after all, early on - I admitted that I lacked the experience of others on here.

My apologies for any misunderstanding.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2015 @ 08:04 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
woodsglen - 24 April 2015 03:14 PM

Keyfax, I do stand by the statement that your patches are outstanding.  Absolutely fantastic.

Maybe someone should know, I emailed you almost 24 hours ago about my difficulty and have not heard anything.

One person in an organization can’t do everything, so we understand things happen and procedure manuals always have things that will surface “sooner or later” depending on who is doing what procedure and the level of experience of the user.

In My situation, I am a plug and play 61 year old classical organist that likes to play other music too and play out on occasion.

So, I only knew what I was told.  Most likely people who purchased your programs did not even need to read the instructions.

So, it’s clear, I deliberately was careful to make sure that I credited the outstanding patches of the B3’s, etc.  I can’t wait to load my AXXX and Keys programs.  Now that I know how to load user banks and the software I need to move things around between banks efficiently, I’ll be a lot happier.

I searched your Keyfax site for FAQ’s etc looking for the answer and I called 15 minutes before scheduled closing, and emailed and no answer, so I think I am justified to say that you may want to have a review of your documentation so my experience is an isolated case.

thanks for listening!

Wayne (- a satisfied customer - just so and everyone else knows. - after all, early on - I admitted that I lacked the experience of others on here.

My apologies for any misunderstanding.

Keyfax isn’t responsible for the documentation for B’s Knees...I am (I’m “DCP Productions” - the guy who created B’s Knees and wrote the manual for it). If you want to get mad at someone, it should be me. Keyfax isn’t the creator of any of the DCP libraries.

There will be no further addendum to the existing manuals for DCP libraries. I don’t have the time, and all the library download packages would have to be revised to include the updated manuals, and Keyfax doesn’t have the time or resources to do that.

But as you have discovered (without too much lost time) is that there was a solution to loading the library without losing your other work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2015 @ 01:51 PM
joecaluda
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-12-2015

I purchased the B’s Knees Vice Library on 1/30/15 and finally getting around to trying to load it.
When I opened the file, it contains no organ patches at all but a bunch of random other voices.

Did anyone else have this problem when they purchased this voice library?

Thanks
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2015 @ 04:46 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
joecaluda - 25 September 2015 01:51 PM

I purchased the B’s Knees Vice Library on 1/30/15 and finally getting around to trying to load it.
When I opened the file, it contains no organ patches at all but a bunch of random other voices.

Did anyone else have this problem when they purchased this voice library?

Thanks
Joe

Did you specifically look in USER VOICE BANK 3?  All of the other BANKS are going to contain what looks like “random other voices”?

When you say “opened the file”, does that mean you LOADED it?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bass sustain
Next Topic:

Splitting a layered voice, also adjusting volumes in layered voices ››