mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS Performances of Famous Songs / Sounds"

Page 5 of 5
Posted on: April 13, 2015 @ 11:24 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
caludaj - 13 April 2015 10:56 AM

Makes sense.  So I select Multi Mode and then go to Pre 2 #23? I have never used Multi Mode, only Voice Mode so this is a new animal to me.

See page 35 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2015 @ 04:47 PM
joecaluda
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-12-2015

I have in the past only used my Motif XS Rack unit in Voice mode.
I am trying to access the “Multi” Preset 2 Number 23 data bank known as Prog Rocker.
Can someone tell me how to do that?
I realize it is a very novice question but I really appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2015 @ 04:48 PM
joecaluda
Joined  04-12-2015

I am trying to access the “Multi” Preset 2 Number 23 data bank known as Prog Rocker.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2015 @ 07:19 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
joecaluda - 29 April 2015 04:48 PM

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Unfortunately, the word “access” doesn’t tell us exactly what you want to do. You didn’t reply to my post in your other thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475245/

I also presume that my earlier suggestion (when you apparently posted as caludaj) to see page 35 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual didn’t answer your question, although you didn’t respond to that either.

Let’s try this…
See page 40 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual.

If you don’t have a copy, a PDF copy of it and other useful items can be downloaded here:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?category_id1=16244&category_id2=16392&product_id=774999

I hope that helps. If it doesn’t, please be more specific as to what you’re trying to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2015 @ 08:52 AM
joecaluda
Joined  04-12-2015

Thanks for the reply and all the help so far. I did look at Page 35 but having trouble figuring out how to pull up Preset 2/ Program Number 23.
It doesn’t tell you which knobs to turn to change Presets and Patch Numbers.
Of course it is highly possible that I am just missing it too. :)
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2015 @ 09:34 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
joecaluda - 30 April 2015 08:52 AM

Thanks for the reply and all the help so far. I did look at Page 35 but having trouble figuring out how to pull up Preset 2/ Program Number 23.
It doesn’t tell you which knobs to turn to change Presets and Patch Numbers.
Of course it is highly possible that I am just missing it too. :)
Joe

The Rack XS is not a Motif XS that’s just missing a keyboard, sampling, and sequencer. The Rack has other limitations, some of which require using the Editor to deal with. As it comes from the factory (or after a factory reset), only the 128 Multis of Preset 1 are loaded in the rack XS. (I suggest that if you don’t already have the Data List, download it from the link I previously gave, and see page 54.) The way to deal with the situation is covered in the links I provided in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473488/

Once you have the Presets you prefer loaded, use the Cursor buttons and Encoder knob as explained on the pages of the Owner’s Manual I mentioned before.

By the way, in the future please post topics related to the Rack XS in its own forum. I’ll gladly try to help you, but your posts here in the Motif XS forum are off topic for both this forum and the original topic of this thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2017 @ 06:24 AM
Bruceleroy
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-24-2017

Apologies for raking up this older thread but i just had to respond :)

Reading the Urban Shuffle/Isn’t she lovely association i was thinking: Oh man, and i’ve been using ‘Urban Shuffle’ to play Donald Fagen’s I.G.Y (the Nightfly album) for a couple of years now. As it sounded so spot on, including the slightly mellowed harmonica solo sound characteristic to that song.

Have a listen to the original and compare the performance, it’s very very close :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2017 @ 01:13 PM
🎹Lex
Total Posts:  81
Joined  05-20-2009

That’s great! Similarly, I heard “Rikki Don’t Lose That Number” the first time I tried Acoustic Piano Man [USR 2 : 037(C04)] even though the name prepped me for Billy Joel.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 5 of 5