mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help saving a sample from my ES and importing to a different keyboard"

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 05:03 PM
okdk
Total Posts:  83
Joined  10-17-2007

I sampled a very cool sound from my Korg TR61 years ago on my ES.  It’s a jazz scat voice that had 2 different sounds linked to velocity, a softer tone with light touch, more aggressive with hard touch.  I successfully sampled it and love the voice, it’s very unusual.  Now I have a nord electro which can accept sample waves and I’m trying to figure out if/how I can bring this sound out of the Motif.  I see how to save a waveform, but it is for individual key banks.  And I have 2 samples per key.  The nord editor can make single layer samples, which I don’t think will work with this sound.  Is the user wave in the Motif something I can use, or is it info that ties everything together?  Am I making any sense?  Does anybody have experience with this?  Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 08:05 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

okdk - 19 January 2015 05:03 PM

I sampled a very cool sound from my Korg TR61 years ago on my ES.  It’s a jazz scat voice that had 2 different sounds linked to velocity, a softer tone with light touch, more aggressive with hard touch.  I successfully sampled it and love the voice, it’s very unusual.  Now I have a nord electro which can accept sample waves and I’m trying to figure out if/how I can bring this sound out of the Motif.  I see how to save a waveform, but it is for individual key banks.  And I have 2 samples per key.  The nord editor can make single layer samples, which I don’t think will work with this sound.  Is the user wave in the Motif something I can use, or is it info that ties everything together?  Am I making any sense?  Does anybody have experience with this?  Thanks!!

I have answered your similar question in MOXF forum.
There is a software that could handle ES (even Motif Classic) files. It is Chicken System’s Motif Creator (I have it). It can load All or All Voice files from Classic, ES, XS and XF and edit them.
You could also import samples from other formats, but you could only save the loaded file in existing format as is.
There is “Export All Samples” option which exports all samples from Motif document to WAVE, AIFF, CAF or SND sound files.
If you think that it might help you, you should try it. If you only want to export mentioned ES file, you could send an pm to me and I could try it.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2015 @ 04:02 AM
okdk
Total Posts:  83
Joined  10-17-2007

What’s confusing me is the term wave.  I used samples to create a user wave, which has several samples from different keys and velocities.  The end result is called a user wave.  But when I use the SAVE- WAVE I can only save the individual “samples”, not the end result “wave” which is more complex. Does this make sense, or am I way off?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2015 @ 09:57 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Maybe the following part of a XS review will help you out with the terminology....

Strange Nomenclature
Someone at Yamaha must have strange tastes in terminology. Either that or they just like to mess with people’s minds. Or maybe they just made a mistake back when the Motif was a merely a gleam in the corporate eye. For a while I was hitting the wall trying to program the Motif wondering why it did not make sense. Then I discovered that Yamaha has 2 “unique” definitions for the terms “waveform” and “keybank”.  I think they reversed what these terms normally mean.  You would think that a waveform would be a single sample, the lowest unit of sound.  Nope.  In Mo’Speak its a collection of all the sounds spread across the keyboard in a sample layer.  Normally, I call a that a Keymap (or multisample) and so does nearly every other samplist alive.  Following this bit of comic insanity further, Yamaha defines the “keybank” as a single sample, exactly what most others would call...uh.. a waveform!  Once you understand this bewildering bit of Yamaha Speak, the doors to programming the machine open.  I think Yamaha should change the terminology.  There has to be a number of people that never got beyond that point.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES how to reconnect Psu Wiring-Please Help!
Next Topic:

WAV File load.....mono? ››