mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Guitar Voices please"

Posted on: April 04, 2015 @ 03:35 PM
shadowhankron
Total Posts:  42
Joined  03-20-2011

Hi,
Can the AXE Guitar sounds work alright in the Motif Rack XS module
as I need to find out before I order.
Anyone use this Guitar Voice Package also can i get a Clean Fender Guitar Sound like Hank Marvin.

Are there any other Guitar Voices Packages available elsewhere.

Many Thanks

Ronnie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 12:53 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Libraries for the Rack XS (includes AxxE):
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xs-rack-voice-libraries.html

There are some Telecaster sounds in the AxxE library. I don’t know if they’re clean enough for your purposes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 04:57 AM
shadowhankron
Joined  03-20-2011

Thanks 5PinDin

Do you know of anywhere else I can get Clean Guitar Tones for Motif Rack XS, there are tons of Distortion and Metal Tones around but few Clean Tones.

Ronnie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 09:48 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
shadowhankron - 05 April 2015 04:57 AM

Thanks 5PinDin

You’re welcome.

shadowhankron -

Do you know of anywhere else I can get Clean Guitar Tones for Motif Rack XS, there are tons of Distortion and Metal Tones around but few Clean Tones.

Ronnie

A limitation of the Motif Rack models is that they have no sampling capability, and therefore no sample memory. That unfortunately means all Voices have to be based on the Waveforms already in ROM - this is true for Presets, User-created, or those from libraries. However, there are several decent clean guitar Waveforms in the ROM, so possibilities exist.

Have you fully explored the XS Presets? Using Category Search (page 28 of the Motif-Rack XS Owner’s Manual) and searching for Main “Guitr” and Sub “E.Cln” will turn up quite a few Voices. If you turn off the Effects (page 34 of the manual) you can listen to each of those Voices, determine if there’s one that comes close to what you’re looking for, and “tweak” it if necessary. Then turn Effects back on and use them to refine the sound for your needs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 11:30 AM
shadowhankron
Joined  03-20-2011

Again Thanks 5pinDIN for your fast reply..

I have never tried to study the Motif Rack Xs as its been boxed for awhile. The Voices I did try from memory were Great but Guitars ( Electric Clean ) were sparse.

Regarding Waveforms I dont understand them, nothing in the manual explains how to create sound from them.

I have never really understood Modules but I do wish to Learn, and from good members like you to guide me in my learning, I hope to Create that Hank Marvin Guitar Sound or Mark Knofler Tone.

Again Thanks

Ronnie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 01:34 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I’d suggest that you initially use Category Search as I described, and see if anything piques your interest.

Basically, if you want to go deeper…
Sounds in the Motif start off as samples, grouped into Waveforms. The Waveforms then become the Oscillators in a Voice Element. There can be up to eight Elements per Normal (non-Drum) Voice.

Have you installed the Motif-Rack XS Editor on your computer? If so, editing Voice Elements can be accomplished as per page 73 of the Owner’s Manual. The Data List…
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/motifrackxs_en_dl_c0.pdf
...shows Waveforms usable in Voice Elements on pages 29~33.
You could initialize a Voice, and try out the various Waveforms of interest one at a time. Details are in the manual which installs with the Editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2015 @ 05:27 AM
shadowhankron
Joined  03-20-2011

Thanks 5pinDIN

Yes I do have the Motif Rack XS software installed on computer,
but starting off on waveforms I am lost…
Have you heard any good clean guitar tones from this unit in past experiences.

Thanks again

Ronnie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2015 @ 10:19 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I have a Motif XS, which has the same Waveforms in ROM and Preset Voices as the Rack model. It certainly can produce clean electric guitar sounds based on those ROM Waveforms, but whether they would satisfy your needs is something only you can decide.

One way to become familiar with the available Waveforms is to use the Editor - initialize a Voice (see page 47 of the Editor manual), and then try different Waves in the Element 1 Oscillator settings. In the Gt Category of the Wave Library, numbers 297 Clean Open Med through 324 Neck Pickup are ones you could try. Doing that would give you only a very basic idea of the attainable sound, since there are many Voice Parameters which can be edited to modify the sound to a significant degree.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2015 @ 02:40 PM
shadowhankron
Joined  03-20-2011

Thanks 5pinDin for that advice , will try it as soon as I get it rigged up to my Tyros 2 Keyboard.

Ronnie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2015 @ 10:05 PM
ewencam12
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-21-2015

The tyros 4 jazz clean guitar sound like hank marvin ( by the way iam hank marvin and shadows fan)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Split Keyboard with Controller and Mofit Rack XS
Next Topic:

XSpand Your World ››