mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "volume differences"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 31, 2015 @ 06:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Apparently your controller doesn’t meet MIDI specs. Spec voltage is 5 volts, but MIDI Solutions products can run on as low as 3.5 volts. Also, it’s spec for MIDI-Out pin 2 (the center pin of the five) to be grounded. Either the controller is running MIDI at less than 3.5 volts, or pin 2 isn’t grounded.

See http://www.midisolutions.com/faqs.htm

Your controller isn’t listed with the ones that don’t work when directly powered - if you haven’t already done so, you might want to notify MIDI Solutions so they can add it to the list.

However, perhaps you should contact M-Audio and ask them if your experience is normal for their product. Maybe they’ll offer some assistance, if you ask nicely.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 01:33 AM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011
pblais - 31 March 2015 05:23 PM

OMG....  I didn’t understand how much of a piece of s**t this M-Audio keyboard is.
I got my Midi Solutions Velocity Converter and the one-into-two Midi thru.
I connected the Velocity Converter to my keyboard’s MIDI out connector and the LED on the converter doesn’t light or blink.  As it turns out, this keyboard does NOT provide power on the MIDI connector so now I have to buy a $50 power adapter from Midi Solutions

Sorry to hear that! But there are often reasons why some of these low-cost controller boards are low cost.

- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer :: karma-lab.com
Check out the KARMA Motif Software for 6 Yamaha Instruments

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2015 @ 10:44 AM
pblais
Total Posts:  95
Joined  03-05-2015

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :)

After buying a $150 MIDI Solutions Velocity Converter then a $50 MIDI Solutions Power Adapter to power the converter, I was finally able to make my $200 M-Audio keyboard act like a $400 keyboard that has velocity adjustment....  GO FIGURE

Anyways, everything is good now..

I also bought a one-to-two MIDI solutions Thru module so I can split my hi tech keyboard signal to go to both my Rack-XS and also my DAW.

Thanks for all your help
Pierre

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2015 @ 11:03 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Congrats on getting things operating to meet your needs. It’s amazing what a full range of MIDI key velocity allows access to.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is this normal?
Next Topic:

MIDI key velocities and hook up questions ››