mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New sounds and new Pro Editor"

Posted on: October 11, 2014 @ 11:16 AM
Auquicu
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-08-2014

This week came with 2 interesting news for MX Users.

First, Yamaha has released a new set of 128 MX voices: the ”Best of MOTIF Bank for MX”, that can be buyed/downloaded from this site for $10.

http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com

Second, Vyzor has released a PRO versión of their Vycro MX Performance Editor for Yamaha MX49 and MX61. This new software, the ”The Vycro MX Pro Total Performance editor” expands on the features of Vycro MX, letting deeper voice editing.

Here is the site, where a demo versión can be found too.

http://vycromx.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2014 @ 01:40 AM
Gordon1949
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07-24-2014

I just purchased and downloaded the Best of Motif Bank, and I have to say it is a welcome addition to my MX61.  When I first purchased the MX61 several months ago, I was very disappointed and wanted to return it because the volumes were inadequate, and the performances sounded like Yamaha just threw a bunch of, for the most part, useless voices, arps, and drumbeats together without thinking of performing musicians. It seemed that Yamaha just rushed to get the MX61 out to market without really studying what they had created.

Most of the existing performances were useless, and I had to reset volumes and work extensively on creating my own sounds.  Even then, the sounds did not compare to my main keyboard so I was disappointed.  Yamaha partially solved the problem with their firmware update which increased the volume output and created the Performance Direct function which allowed full Performances to be called up with the part buttons.  I highly recommend every MX owner download and install the firmware update.

With the new Best of Motif Bank, I have to say that Yamaha went a long way to improve the performances because now many of them are usable and sound very good. Check the video on the Yamaha Musicsoft website to hear some of the new sounds.  Now I am happy that I kept the MX61 because I would guess Yamaha realized some of the mistakes they made and corrected them.  Add to that the light weight of the keyboard which is a great plus. 

Now, if Yamaha wanted to make the MX61 perfect, they would figure out a way to keep a drumbeat going when you change a performance.  As it is right now, if you are playing a drumbeat and wish to change a sound in the middle of a song, the only way to do that is to press the part select button(without the benefit of Performance Direct).  The problem with that is that you lose the layering and effects ability that you get with performances and that is necessary to get a good sound.  As a result, you have two unacceptable options: (1)Keep the drumbeat going with inadequate-sounding parts, or (2)Stay with the same sound and drumbeat without the ability to change Performances.  My Yamaha PSRS950 allows me to change sounds without stopping the drumbeat via a “freeze” function.  I wish they would do that with the MX.  If they did, the MX would be an outstanding, affordable, lightweight keyboard.  I hope Yamaha is listening because if they did that combined with the great sounds of the Best of Motif Bank, the MX61 would be flying off the shelves.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2014 @ 04:42 PM
dfahrner
Total Posts:  67
Joined  03-10-2009

I’ll second Gordon1949’s comments: Best Of Motif Bank is a real improvement over the factory performances, at least for old guys who are interested in playing old-style music (that is, music that has melody and harmony in addition to rhythm)...and the price is right, too, how can you go wrong for $9.99?

df

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 08:49 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

I downloaded the demo version of “The Vycro MX Pro Total Performance editor” but the application seems to be very unstable. It keeps crashing all the time both in standalone and VST mode. I have Windows 8.1 and Cubase AI 6 in my laptop. I think I will stick to John Melas suite.

I also purchased the “Best of MOTIF Bank for MX” but I can’t say that I was very excited with it. It is true that there are some good electric guitars showing the power of VST effects. Regarding the Grand Piano performance, it sounds great in the demo video played by Bad Mister but I can’t get that sound quality in my setup. I use Audio Technica ATH-M40fs headphones. Is there any chance that this quality of piano sound is achieved only with a foot pedal?

In my oppinion, it seems that they continue to throw a couple of factory preset voices with 2 parts layering at most and they call them new performances. After almost 2 years in the market, one would expect some new user voices (even with only factory preset waveforms which are over 1000) with some serious voice programming and some new MEGA Performances (not only 2 parts layer/split of factory preset voices). For example, a full symphonic orchestra performance with strings, brasses, tympani and cymbal sounds layered on the keyboard with different velocities/split zones. Or some real fat analog sounds for dance / electro music (imagine 8 elements per voice multiplied by 4 layers per performance).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2015 @ 12:56 AM
JLM
Total Posts:  76
Joined  11-26-2008

I need some help.
I downloaded Vycro MX editing software.
I can not find out where to get the activation code to open up the full version.
So I’m in Demo mode.
Can anyone please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2015 @ 08:51 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

If you downloaded the free Vycro MX Performance editor, then you don’t need any activation code. If you downloaded the Vycro MX Pro Total Performance editor then: “You can unlock Vycro MX Pro with an activation key purchased from our store at: http://sites.fastspring.com/psicraft/product/vycromxpro”
as they state in their site.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2015 @ 01:16 AM
george.drayton@xtra.co.nz
Total Posts:  41
Joined  08-06-2013

I presume these new performances in BZBOMB.x5a will over-write my existing ones?

How can I import just a few to test some without damaging my existing stuff?

Thanks for anyone’s help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2015 @ 09:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
george.drayton@xtra.co.nz - 12 February 2015 01:16 AM

I presume these new performances in BZBOMB.x5a will over-write my existing ones?

How can I import just a few to test some without damaging my existing stuff?

Thanks for anyone’s help.

Performances can be loaded individually from an “All” file. See page 62 of the MX Reference Manual.

However…
1) Each one loaded will overwrite the Performance at the destination. Of course, you could load to a single location over and over.
2) Performances don’t include Voice data, they only point to it. If the Performance is based on at least one User Voice, then that would have to be determined and the User Voice(s) then loaded as well.

Rather than doing the above, I’d suggest that you first save an “All” file (page 61) of your current data, then load the new .X5A in entirety. Make note of whatever you like from it, reload your own original file, and then selectively load what you want from the new one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2015 @ 07:34 PM
george.drayton@xtra.co.nz
Total Posts:  41
Joined  08-06-2013

Thanks for your advice - I will experiment in the next day or so.
rgds
George in new Zealand

a few days later…

Much easier than I thought...choose a source sound/performance and then choose performance number to allocate it to - over-righting the standard one.  Some very nice sounds in the bundle.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2015 @ 10:35 AM
uriahsmusic
Total Posts:  11
Joined  06-12-2010

Is this (.99 set different from the MX PRO Pack?.....also, if it IS different, does it have many new Electric and acoustic pianos?  Thanx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 12:07 PM
pugdealer
Total Posts:  12
Joined  06-16-2013

I downloaded and put it in my MX61...sounds a lot better, but it changed default octave...I mean, default now is 1 octave lower than before...don’t know what’s up with that...anyway, changed it on the general utility!

[ Ignore ]