mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX Live Performance"

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 10:02 AM
phampton123
Total Posts:  62
Joined  12-30-2013

Hi,

I want to create a liver performance that has 2 different voices. During the performance I want to quickly switch back and forth between the two voices. In addition, I want an ARPED drum pattern continuously playing in the background. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to go about this? Layer both voices, then use the solo button to toggle back and forth? Split the keyboard in half? It should be noted that I will be playing this performance from an external midi controller keyboard. Will the split keyboard carry over to my midi controller?

Thanks.

phampton123

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 10:19 AM
phampton123
Joined  12-30-2013

I guess using the solo button would mute my drum track. I don’t want that. So I guess I would have to use the mute buttons to mute the voice I don’t want to use. Or split the keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 02:58 PM
gregwynne
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-04-2015

I’m very new myself, but I think I can help. I’m still in learning mode, so I need a metronome to practice with. Seeing that I have a MOXF, it seemed silly to spend $20 on one, when my sequencer could handle it for me. I was determined to master at least that much of a sequencer for now. Anyway…

I created a pattern (or song, depending on your needs) and added a drum loop. In my case it’s a wood block sound functioning as a click track. In your case it would be the drum arpeggio. Then hit the Mixing button and add your other instruments to any of the 15 remaining parts (without recording anything). Store your pattern/song.

Fire up your pattern and press play to start the drum loop. Then select your other voices using the 1-16 buttons on the lower right side. The only downside is that when (not if) you forget to change to the part to 2-16, you’ll start playing drum sounds.

I hope this helps,
Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 12:02 PM
phampton123
Joined  12-30-2013

Thanks! I have been focusing on my piano lessons, so I haven’t had much time to focus on the technical aspect of my MOX. It helps if you can actually play! What I did was split the keyboard on my MOX6. Then hit drum assign, and got a drum track going. Then I strapped on my Alesis vortex, and I was able to play either voice. It works for now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 04:02 AM
pomodei
Total Posts:  53
Joined  12-31-2013

I suggest you to read this article (click here).
Once you have started the arpeggio as described above, you can (seamlessly) change sound by changing the MIDI transmit channel of your external MIDI controller (that is equivalent to change the “track” on the MOXF).

Hope this help.

Ciao

Pino, Italy

[ Ignore ]