mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "adding bars before 2 bar pattern in Pattern mode"

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 08:25 PM
Super Hydro
Total Posts:  108
Joined  01-07-2005

Quick question,
In pattern mode I was working on a 2 bar drum part that is a transition part. I finished it, but want it to be the last 2 bars of an 8 bar track. is there a way to just add 6 bars before the track? I see 2 other ways but they seem more of a work around.

1. copy drums to a new arpeggio, make the length of the pattern 8 bars, start arp at the 6th bar. erase bars 1-3.

2. change the length to 8 bars, copy bars 1-3 to 6-8. erase bars 1-3.

I would think there is an easier way being able to just set 6 bars before. thanks for your time and help.

Dro

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 09:07 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

So you essentially want to create a 2-bar fill? Depending on what you are ‘doing’ with this (playing live, assembling a recording...) why not just put the 2-bar fill into a different Section? If you’re recording you can then simply hit the that Section button to initiate the fill whenever you want.

Keeping things separate like this would seem to make the most sense.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 10:40 PM
Super Hydro
Total Posts:  108
Joined  01-07-2005
MrMotif - 01 April 2015 09:07 PM

So you essentially want to create a 2-bar fill? Depending on what you are ‘doing’ with this (playing live, assembling a recording...) why not just put the 2-bar fill into a different Section? If you’re recording you can then simply hit the that Section button to initiate the fill whenever you want.

Keeping things separate like this would seem to make the most sense.

it does, but I also want to divide the drum tracks after I record the different drum arpeggios. if I have those in different sections will it split those on both sections?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2015 @ 11:19 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Absolutely. You can divide drum track on any Section in order to process each drum separately.

[ Ignore ]