mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "8 insert effects vs 16"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 30, 2015 @ 11:37 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005

i think it would be cool and a nice/welcomed addition if Yamaha gave us 16 effects per pattern or song vs 8 duals… We may be able to get away with only using one of the effects of a voice and still achieve the same sound that we need while another voice may actually need both inserts… It would be cool if we could pick and choose our own combinations and get a total of 16 vs 8spots that automatically occupy two inserts…

Just my thoughts

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2015 @ 06:29 AM
pomodei
Total Posts:  53
Joined  12-31-2013
Apex - 30 March 2015 11:37 PM

i think it would be cool and a nice/welcomed addition if Yamaha gave us 16 effects per pattern or song vs 8 duals… We may be able to get away with only using one of the effects of a voice and still achieve the same sound that we need while another voice may actually need both inserts… It would be cool if we could pick and choose our own combinations and get a total of 16 vs 8spots that automatically occupy two inserts…

Just my thoughts

I quote!
I have a MOX (not MOXF): what a pleasure if Yamaha could develop a software update to double the mixing parts (from 3 to 6) using a single insert effect...super cool!

Pino, Italy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2015 @ 04:00 PM
bevburn
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-18-2012

This is my first post on this site....

I have the same question as I had read or heard somewhwere before that this was possible to assign one effect per voice instead of two and in a sense get effects available to 16 voices.......

Looking forward to hear the answer to this especially if it is already possible.

I am on the fence as it relates to choosing between the moxf and the casio px5s.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 01:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
bevburn - 04 April 2015 04:00 PM

This is my first post on this site....

I have the same question as I had read or heard somewhwere before that this was possible to assign one effect per voice instead of two and in a sense get effects available to 16 voices.......

Looking forward to hear the answer to this especially if it is already possible.

I am on the fence as it relates to choosing between the moxf and the casio px5s.....

Welcome to the forum.

Insertion Effects are limited to being applied to at most eight Parts at a time. System Effects are applied to all Parts.

From one of my previous posts:
You can have up to 16 Tracks with MIDI data, and that data can be received by Parts (Voices). Of those Parts, up to eight can simultaneously have Dual Insertion Effects active.

If eight isn’t enough, there’s a way to deal with that if you’re recording using a DAW. Once you record as audio the tracks using Parts with Insert Effects, you can turn the Insert Effects off for those Parts and activate them for eight others.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/insertion_effects_differ_from_the_system_effects

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2015 @ 06:30 PM
leeroylee
Total Posts:  76
Joined  02-11-2011

I have the fw16e card installed in motif.
This allows me to put effects on all parts using a computer.
Get a fw16e !!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2015 @ 08:20 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

I have one.  Interesting concepts.  You do this within the motif?  Or in the DAW?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2015 @ 05:45 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

On the DAW.

BTW no workstation has ever offered effects on every track. There are some VA synths that can do this (Virus, Supernova).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2015 @ 10:48 AM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005
meatballfulton - 07 April 2015 05:45 AM

BTW no workstation has ever offered effects on every track. There are some VA synths that can do this (Virus, Supernova).

Incorrect.  The Roland Fantom G did.

And the Kronos offers the ability of 12 insert, 2 master, and 2 total… That’s 16 total effect processors.

Plus each part has its own EQ settings apart from the effects section…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2015 @ 02:47 PM
icarus800
Total Posts:  39
Joined  11-13-2011

On the Motif XS and XF (maybe the ES, not sure) not only do you have 8 dual insert effects, you also have 2 system effects, master effect, master EQ as well as a 3 band EQ for the parts. That is 19 to the Kronos’ 16. Plus, on any workstation with a sampler you can simply re-sample a track to free up 2 more insert effects for your sequencer. I do not use a DAW, I just re-sample whenever I run out of insert effects or polyphony on my Motif XS. The best advice I can give is that you should never see any features on a workstation as a limitation as long as you work with the features that made you purchase the workstation in the first place.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2015 @ 06:28 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005
icarus800 - 07 April 2015 02:47 PM

On the Motif XS and XF (maybe the ES, not sure) not only do you have 8 dual insert effects, you also have 2 system effects, master effect, master EQ as well as a 3 band EQ for the parts. That is 19 to the Kronos’ 16. Plus, on any workstation with a sampler you can simply re-sample a track to free up 2 more insert effects for your sequencer. I do not use a DAW, I just re-sample whenever I run out of insert effects or polyphony on my Motif XS. The best advice I can give is that you should never see any features on a workstation as a limitation as long as you work with the features that made you purchase the workstation in the first place.

did you count that the Kronos also has individual EQ per part?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2015 @ 07:02 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

As does the Motif. Each part has an EQ. While in Song or Pattern Mode press the Selected Part Control button twice to access the EQ settings. By the way, I knew you were going to cherry pick my comparison of the Kronos versus the Motif instead of focusing on the advice I tried to give you. Of course you are not obligated to take it, but re-sampling tracks has been a joy to use in my song creation especially when you do not want to use a DAW.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2015 @ 11:49 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Aside from a 3 band EQ for the 16 individual parts, each element has it’s own 2 band EQ! Wow. I have been playing this board for 5 years and forgot that! I never knew a workstation like the Motif would be so sophisticated in spite of the most recent releases!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2015 @ 01:19 AM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

Never cherry picked your response.  I own an XF and a Kronos.... I love both boards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2015 @ 01:34 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

You did when I was trying to help, which happens a lot in this forum. It would have been a little nice to point out that you have both boards before you responded the way you did, but what can you do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2015 @ 03:35 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

How exactly did I respond?  I just asked if you counted it.  And I’m glad I didn’t disappoint you since you “knew I was going to cherry pick”. lol.  You were the one keeping score “19 to 16”. I just asked if you counted.  That’s all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2015 @ 03:39 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

I never said I had a problem with the motif effects system.  I just said it would be cool if we got 16 total vs 8 voices with 2 effects each.  So we could split them up and route them as we please.  Vs being stuck with two on a voice and may actually only need to use one of the effects for that specific voice. 

And for all you know I’m not doing song creation I may be playing live.  Which would completely eliminate the need for re-sampling of parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2