mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transposing one Part in Song mode"

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 07:54 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I have one track that I’m playing, the rest are Midi playback. I’ve put the Song into a good key for singing, but I’d rather just play my keyboard part in a key I’m more adept in. How do I drop that particular Part 3 steps but leave all the rest? I’ve already done it on another Song but can’t remember how I did so and can’t for life of me reproduce it. I’ve got Songs I use the transpose button on the console for, but it’s an extra step at beginning that I’d like be rid of in future.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 07:56 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

I think what I’m trying to do is called Note Shift, actually. But at any rate I can’t seem to access it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 09:00 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Yes, it will be Note Shift.

You will want to Edit and STORE a MIXING VOICE.  This allows you to edit a VOICE(PART) and STORE as a distinct VOICE assigned to that particular MIXING, without changing the original VOICE or creating a USER VOICE.

You need to go to the Mixing for the SONG, go to [F2]Voice, select the VOICE, drop into VOICE Edit, and edit the VOICE as you would any other...Note Shift in this case.

Now when you STORE this SONG, that VOICE gets STORED with it...and is recalled when you go back to that SONG.

See page 122 of the MOX Reference manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2015 @ 09:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What cmayhle posted is one approach. Here’s another…

From Song mode,
Press [MIXING] > [EDIT]
Press [1]~[16] to select the Part
Press [F4]TONE > [SF1]TUNE
Adjust Note Shift as desired
STORE the Song Mix

That should shift the Part, but won’t create a Mixing Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2015 @ 04:46 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

Thanks to both. I knew there was a way to do this without creating a new User Voice, cause I did so previous (but blanked on just how).  However, I’m also now finding that in order to put the full array of Effects on that track, using the Voice w Parameter ON, removes the Note Shift modification.  So to keep the Voice sounding like its original preset AND a Note Shift, I will have to make the change in the Voice and then save it as a User Voice. Am I stating that correctly?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2015 @ 05:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 29 March 2015 04:46 PM

Thanks to both. I knew there was a way to do this without creating a new User Voice, cause I did so previous (but blanked on just how).  However, I’m also now finding that in order to put the full array of Effects on that track, using the Voice w Parameter ON, removes the Note Shift modification.  So to keep the Voice sounding like its original preset AND a Note Shift, I will have to make the change in the Voice and then save it as a User Voice. Am I stating that correctly?

It depends on how you’re applying Parameter with Voice. It should be turned on before you select the Voice (or the Voice can be reselected after PwV is turned on). Once that’s done, setting the Note Shift for the Part as I explained should not be affected. If you change that order when Parameter with Voice is on, the Part Note Shift will be reset to what the Voice setting is (that’s what Parameter with Voice is supposed to do). If you’ve done that, reset Note Shift for the Part and STORE the Mix again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2015 @ 08:29 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

So i have that option, too. Thanks for clarifying.  Should be able to get things the way I need them now.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Crockett’s Theme
Next Topic:

MOX Live Performance ››