mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Memory full when transferring to wav form."

Posted on: March 23, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
Themora
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-15-2013

Hello, I have been recording for about 6 years on my motif es6, and have learned not to have too many wav forms in my song, or I’ll run out of memory when transferring to wav. Now, I’m writing a new tune, and have no wav forms at all (vocals, guitar, etc), just the music, drums bass etc from within the keyboard, and when I try to convert to wav form, it tells me system memory full after 160 measures. I have factory reset, thinking there was old junk from yrs past hogging memory, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance. And yes, I have the extra DIMM memory sticks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 02:46 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Themora - 23 March 2015 05:29 PM

Hello, I have been recording for about 6 years on my motif es6, and have learned not to have too many wav forms in my song, or I’ll run out of memory when transferring to wav. Now, I’m writing a new tune, and have no wav forms at all (vocals, guitar, etc), just the music, drums bass etc from within the keyboard, and when I try to convert to wav form, it tells me system memory full after 160 measures. I have factory reset, thinking there was old junk from yrs past hogging memory, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance. And yes, I have the extra DIMM memory sticks.

As I understand, you try to resample your song in sequencer. You should select an empty track (I’m always using last, ch16). Maybe you have tried to put WAV to the same track with MIDI data. As I remember, the only limitation when I had performed the same procedure was WAV duration (4 minutes).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 05:39 PM
Themora
Joined  05-15-2013

Thanks for the response. I did use an empty track, but for some reason, I run out of memory during the resample. Got to be something small, that I’m overlooking, but I tried and I’m pretty confused at this point why.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 06:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

How long is the song (in time, not measures)?
How much memory is installed?

See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/438022/
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/456590/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 11:32 PM
Themora
Joined  05-15-2013

Less than 5 mins, but I have songs with guitar and vocals etc, that last 8 mins, and no problems. So confused..Any help is appreciated! Thank you to those who have responded.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling from a CD to my es6
Next Topic:

Sampling from a CD to my es6 ››