mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "External control of Master Zone levels"

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 03:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A recent thread in the Keyboard Corner forum on the Music Player site prompted this post. The issue was whether an Ocean Beach Digital DB-1 Drawbar Controller could be used with a Motif XF.

I decided to start with PRE 1:098(G02) All Bars Perc AF1&2; - see the Organ footages explained support article. I edited eight separate Voices, each with a different one of the Elements from that Voice turned on. I then used those Voices as the first eight Parts in a Song setup.

Finally, I created two Masters using that Song (Song 1), turned Zones on, and set up the eight Zones so each transmits on a different Channel, 1 through 8. The first Master defaults to a level of 100, the second to 127.

Each Part’s level can be independently set by a Control Slider, or by an external controller sending CC#7 on Channels 1 through 8. If the XF sliders are all pushed fully up before the second Master (All Bars 127) is selected, then pulling each down will reduce the level for the related Part/footage without the level jumping.

What I did is far from the be-all/end-all - it’s just a “test of concept”. Other Voices using other Waveforms, with other effects, could be set up in other Songs, then related to Masters.

I’ve attached an “All” file for anyone interested in playing around with this - be sure to make a backup “All” file of your own before loading it. The file has only the eight Voices, one Song setup (no sequence), and the two Masters previously described. Everything else is initialized.

File Attachments
All Bars.n3.X3A.zip  (File Size: 14KB - Downloads: 160)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 03:30 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

wow!
really cool.
thanks 5pinDIN.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cutting off a sound completely
Next Topic: