mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG cards in Motif Rack ES"

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 12:50 AM
szurcio
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-03-2009

I just installed 2 plg cards in my Motif Rack ES - PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX. I can select and play the different voices on the module itself (by pressing Bank and Shift+Bank) but how can I transfer the voice data to Motif Rack ES Voice Editor so that I could select the voices from the computer? When I click on “Receive Voice Bulk” and select Plug-in 1 User and Plug-in 2 User, I get the message that “Receive completed successfully,” but no new voices appear under the Plug-in 1 User and Plug-in 2 User tabs in the Voice Editor - just blank spaces. It’s so confusing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 02:19 AM
szurcio
Joined  10-03-2009

OK, now I can see that I can select the board presets when I click on “plug-in board name” on the voice editor interface (under the Plug-in 1 and Plug-in 2 tabs). I also installed the AN editor and the DX simulator but they don’t appear in Studio Manager - should they? Also, when I change the presets in the AN and DX editors, the sound changes but the display on the module doesn’t reflect it - it’s still stuck on the same voice name. When I do the same thing in the Voice Editor, both the sound and the module display follow the change. Weird…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 08:27 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
szurcio - 27 March 2015 02:19 AM

[...]I also installed the AN editor and the DX simulator but they don’t appear in Studio Manager - should they?[...]

They should appear, if they’re supported. Did you run “setup”? Under the Studio Manager File menu, click setup..., then in the window which opens click the Modify Workspace tab. If something is listed under “Device Editor” but not under “Workspace”, Add it.

Information concerning other configuration issues, etc., is in the Studio Manager manual. Click Help > Manual to access it.

I don’t have anything which uses PLGs, so I’m not familiar with using their editors. Hopefully someone else will reply about your other questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 04:56 PM
szurcio
Joined  10-03-2009

No, I can’t see the two PLG editors under “Modify Workspace” - only Motif Multi and Voice editors. I even tried re-installing them - nothing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 07:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
szurcio - 27 March 2015 04:56 PM

No, I can’t see the two PLG editors under “Modify Workspace” - only Motif Multi and Voice editors. I even tried re-installing them - nothing…

Let’s try this again…
Do they appear under “Device Editor”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2015 @ 07:49 PM
szurcio
Joined  10-03-2009

I found a more recent version of AN Expert Editor (1.2.2) and now I can see it in Modify Workspace! The older one (1.0.1) that I found on Yamaha’s website didn’t seem to work. I also have DX Simulator version 1.05 (the only one available at usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/plugins/plg150-dx/). I’m pretty sure they released a more recent version later…
Oh, 1.2.1 was the most recent one according to this thread: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/444481/#497637
It’s really confusing (and time-consuming for users) that Yamaha’s US support doesn’t provide the most recent versions of editors. I realize these are old products but still…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Es Rack Channel 10
Next Topic:

No Sound ››