mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling from a CD to my es6"

Posted on: March 21, 2015 @ 10:36 PM
skboydstun
Total Posts:  53
Joined  09-27-2005

I want to sample the talking portion from the beginning of the song “Talk to ya later” by the tubes. However, I can’t find a good step-by-step guide in the owners manual. All I need is ~:20 seconds which I can use live. Thanks for any direction.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2015 @ 09:37 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

I assume what you are trying to do is to sample to the sequencer.  If so, then the article by Bad Mister may be the instructions you need.

You can find it on the Keyfax information area, click here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2015 @ 05:07 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

To make it real easy, download Audacity from the internet.  It is free and will let you sample the entire song, then cut the portion that you want out and save it as a .wav file.

From there, you put the .wav file on your SMC and assign it to a voice.  I believe that it automatically saves it as C3 on the keyboard.  You can audition the sound by pressing the key.

Name and store the voice in one of the two user banks and you now have it at your fingertips.  Bear in mind that you will have to save an all file so that when you load the file it will load the sample as well.

If you want to store multiple samples, you will have to go into Integrated Sampling and assign the .wav files separately as you will overwrite the sample each time.

I am not by my keyboard at the moment, and trying to do this from memory.  Once you do it, you will see exactly how easy this process is.

I’ve tried to make this as brief as possible, but it is very simple.

Send me a private message, and if you need, I will happily walk you through this, or you can look through the manual.  It explains in detail what I just spoke of.

Regards,

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 10:39 PM
skboydstun
Joined  09-27-2005

Thank you Kenny, I am such a hack, that even the easiest things on my es and xs are a challenge. First, please tell me the page number in the manual where I can gather this information. Next, I have never plugged my es into the MAC I have. However, I will search the manual to solve that problem. If you know of a step-by-step easy way to do this I would be most grateful. I only need the intro to the song. Thank you for taking the time to replay and give your directions.
You Rock
Steve
Antioch, CA

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 02:49 AM
skboydstun
Joined  09-27-2005

Kimkeys,
Success, I have recorded the part I wanted from a CD to the es6. I press audition and wow, there it is. However, I am reading in the manual that it needs to be saved on a SmartMedia or USB card. I have a USB (formatted on the es6) Now the fun begins. I am lost with the proper naming (how do I name it) and in general, I can make it, but I can’t save it.... thanks for any help..

[ Ignore ]