mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changes that needs to be made for the next Motif!"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 02:53 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005

SS I didn’t read your entire post yet, but yes he did want to layer.  I think that’s why he liked performance mode but since it only has 4 parts it wasn’t enough…

I suggested master mode.  I think it’s the most feasible solution.  (I’ll go finish your post now… Sorry)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 04:20 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Yes.  And that is exactly what I didn’t quite understand.  If the original poster truly wanted everything as layered or if the intent is really to have access to multiple sounds at once, but used layers and muting as the way to do it.

Also, a recommendation (if not already being done) I have found handy is to have the same layout for my most used types of sounds.  For example, I always have 1 as my clean acoustic piano.  2 is a rock organ sound, 3 is a mellow/soft organ.  9 is a main string sound, followed by pads.  16 is a multi-layered piano/pad. This way, no matter what I load up, I know those slots are always those types of sounds.  It requires significantly less memorization.  Then I fill the other slots with specific sounds for the week.  There are times when even that overloads my feeble memory.  I mainly use Master Mode and pretty much stay within 16 voices or less for the week.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 06:30 PM
opcommander1
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-23-2011

Apex is correct, I am mostly dealing with Layering.  That why I have different voices on the same midi channel.  Such as String/Piano, Organ/Brass/Bass and so forth.  Because if I have it on different channel than I will have to select that track to hear that instrument. So my m-audio keyboard might be on Channel 1, with the Organ/Brass/Bass and Channel 2 would be my String/Piano. 

Now SSquared I did forget about the assignable functions button, specifically that I can use that button to performed different operation.  That could also work.

But After hearing the os update from 5pin and stoneb3, Then I read the text file about Master Mode and how you can now turn the Internal/Ext Switches of zones on/off by the 1-8 and 9-16 buttons.  My mind was saying DING DING DING!!! That exactly what I wanted and I am glad they made that update. So Master Mode is definitely going to be my bread and butter mode now.

But on a side note Apex you informed that “You don’t have to push performance control.  Just push the mute button.  I corrected it in my earlier post.”.  But pressing just the mute button in Song/Pattern Mode doesn’t mute the instrument, it only mute if you had recorded a track though the SEQ.  But if you actually playing the track 3 piano live, then you would have to go through mixing mode to mute that instrument track.

Thanks Everyone for responding to the post, I really appreciated!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 07:27 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
opcommander1 - 25 March 2015 06:30 PM

...But on a side note Apex you informed that “You don’t have to push performance control.  Just push the mute button.  I corrected it in my earlier post.”.  But pressing just the mute button in Song/Pattern Mode doesn’t mute the instrument, it only mute if you had recorded a track though the SEQ.  But if you actually playing the track 3 piano live, then you would have to go through mixing mode to mute that instrument track....

I don’t think Apex (or stoneB3 or 5pinDIN) are off base here.

The Mute function per Zone is a MASTER Mode function, not a SONG/PATTERN function.  It works after you take your SONG or PATTERN into MASTER Mode.

Further, the Mute function per MASTER Mode Zone (internal and external) in the os v1.40 update is not only for sequenced tracks.  It functions with PARTS being played live also.

A Zone is peculiar to MASTER Mode.  It is the equivalent of a PART in SONG or PATTERN Mode...with the powerful difference that up to 8 of these PARTS(ZONES) can be played at the same time...while on different MIDI channels...thereby retaining the ability to live-mix relative volumes with the (up to) 8 faders, should you wish.

The wording of the update is as follows (emphasis added):

New function of the [PERFORMANCE
CONTROL] button in the Master mode

When the Mode is set to “Song” or “Pattern” and Zone Switch is
set to “on” in the Master Play mode, the [PERFORMANCE
CONTROL] button works as follows:
• [1] – [8] buttons
Each of these will turn the Internal Switches of Zone 1 – 8 on/off.
• [9] – [16] buttons
Each of these will turn the External Switches of Zone 1 – 8 on/off.
NOTE The on/off status of the Internal Switch/External Switch can be confirmed via the corresponding lamp.

Remember:  This only works when you have taken your SONG or PATTERN into MASTER Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 09:22 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005

So take your pattern/song into mastermode then the problem is solved

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 09:43 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
opcommander1 - 25 March 2015 06:30 PM

Thanks Everyone for responding to the post, I really appreciated!!

Quite welcome opcom, enjoy your new features, several days of fun lie ahead.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2015 @ 10:01 PM
opcommander1
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-23-2011

Posted on: 25 March 2015 05:22 PM

So take your pattern/song into mastermode then the problem is solved

Indeed with that updated os.

Hi Cmayhle,

25 March 2015 03:27 PM

I don’t think Apex (or stoneB3 or 5pinDIN) are off base here.

Correct, they weren’t off base.

The Mute function per Zone is a MASTER Mode function, not a SONG/PATTERN function.  It works after you take your SONG or PATTERN into MASTER Mode.

Further, the Mute function per MASTER Mode Zone (internal and external) in the os v1.40 update is not only for sequenced tracks.  It functions with PARTS being played live also.

Correct, that why I really like the new update os 1.40 and 1.50, because since I had the earliest os version, I was unable to do the new updated changes with the zone switches in Master Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2015 @ 12:10 AM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Cool.  Sounds like maybe you have things worked out?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2