mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Safe Voice library downloads"

Posted on: February 17, 2015 @ 05:51 PM
JLM
Total Posts:  76
Joined  11-26-2008

Does anyone know if there are any safe download sites for free voice libraries or library swaps?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2015 @ 12:35 PM
Music_and_artman
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-12-2007

Hello JLM

I too have been searching for sites where Motif and MOX users could exchange their own material but I have not found any. 2 years ago I put some material out here on this site (384 free voices), but got a lot of trouble for it because the owners of the site meant that my giveaway did costing them money in terms of lower sales in their voice library.

But these voices can still be downloaded via this link:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/465292/P0/

Greetings Music_and_artman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2015 @ 04:59 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi there,

First, my friend Music_and_artman, I don’t believe the trouble you got in was anything other than a request you ease back on using Motifator.com as the platform for distributing something you are offering for free on a site that costs a lot of money to manage and which is paid for solely by selling the type of items you choose to give away for free!

Methinks if you were offering free taxi rides next to a taxi rank you would indeed get into a serious amount of trouble! Uber is creating enough hot water and it’s not even a free service.

That aside, here at Motifator we do try to make sure non commercial trades and info are reasonably freely promoted but everyone has to be realistic. Music_and_artman is fortunate enough to be in a position to do a lot of work and not need paying for it. Most people are not in that position.

At the end of the day you tend to get what you pay (or don’t pay) for. I think it’s most unlikely there will ever be a truly safe and well run place to trade sounds for Motif because no one can afford to do this simply because. You can find safe and commercial - like Motifator.com - or you can find free and let’s say potentially risky, even if ‘risky’ simply means you could be wasting your time.

Finally, Motifator.com’s sales have been decimated in recent years by people giving away not only items that compete with what we sell but the actual items themselves, be they sound libraries, videos or whatever, either by single acts of piracy or corporate acts of who-knows-what.

The subscription ‘business model’ is something a lot of people are considering. If Mo’Bros and Mo’Sis’s have thoughts on this now might an interesting time and place to air them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2015 @ 06:40 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Yamaha Europe has the free Sound & Groove Kit for MOX, details are here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2015 @ 01:26 PM
torguen
Total Posts:  7
Joined  03-05-2015
meatballfulton - 21 March 2015 06:40 PM

Yamaha Europe has the free Sound & Groove Kit for MOX, details are here.

Hi, thanks for the link, did not know this pack, ¿is necessary to be registered somewhere to get it?, ¿or just send the mail with the keyword?.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2015 @ 02:50 AM
MoxCanada
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-24-2015

Hey I stumbled across a site that is hosting some Mox user libraries (some great voices, I’ve tried all of them). Seems like the admin is trying to establish an international comunity to exchange and trade user banks.

Highly recommend all the voices and am currently working on some of my own presets to submit.

http://diamociunamox.altervista.org/english.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2015 @ 06:55 PM
torguen
Total Posts:  7
Joined  03-05-2015

¡Thanks!.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 01:07 PM
Lee Batchelor
Total Posts:  486
Joined  12-16-2003

First, my friend Music_and_artman, I don’t believe the trouble you got in was anything other than a request you ease back on using Motifator.com as the platform for distributing something you are offering for free on a site that costs a lot of money to manage and which is paid for solely by selling the type of items you choose to give away for free!

I can see that. These sites cost money. There’s no free lunch :)!

Finally, Motifator.com’s sales have been decimated in recent years by people giving away not only items that compete with what we sell…

So, let me get this straight. Yamaha produces some of the best keyboards on the planet, that provide users with the capacity to create voices from Yamaha’s original wave forms, which we pay for when we put our drastic plastic on the table. However, it’s not alright to create these voices and give them to another MO owner while Yamaha gives away a free Sound and Groove Kit. We are to keep these custom voices to ourselves?

To be fair, I think Mr. Motif is saying, “It’s alright to do this so long as doing so does not compromise the ability to keep this site open.” I must agree with that.

All the same, it makes me wonder why we were given the ability to create our own voices in the first place. Kind of like enduring starvation, but you hate the food being served. interesting dilemma.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 01:55 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Just to make sure there’s no misconception…
Motifator is not a Yamaha corporate site, and is not controlled by them. Yamaha might do things which could negatively impact Motifator. Yes, it’s important to understand that purchases made from Keyfax and the Motifator site are what make the forums possible. If you like what the forums here offer, then not undermining what supports them is a good first step - and I do see the conflict that creates.

Folks, I suggest that you weigh the benefits of this site for yourselves, and decide what behavior best suits your needs.

In case there’s any question about my own interest in this…
I am not employed by nor have I received any compensation from either Yamaha or Motifator/Keyfax. I participate in the Motifator forums because I think it’s beneficial to all who are involved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 03:00 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I second 5pinDIN, and offer how I attempt to resolve the “fine-line” conflict between supporting Motifator and appreciating the generosity of folks such as Music_and_artman, among others.

It’s fairly simple really, I do both.

I have downloaded and appreciate the work done in the free PSC Songwriters Collection.

I always try to use due diligence to be as certain as I can that the shared material offered is truly original and not pirated.

I have also purchased multiple Libraries that suit me from Motifator, and suggest others do the same.

I believe there is room for both activities.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2015 @ 06:38 PM
Lee Batchelor
Total Posts:  486
Joined  12-16-2003

cmayhle,

Excellent response. It’s all about balancing what we can all enjoy for free versus supporting those who need to be supported for the good of the group.

- Lee

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES sounds in MOX6 !!!
Next Topic:

To interface or not to interface ››