mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP! Midi out from Mox to Cubase/Logic?????"

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 04:57 AM
Lrxles002
Total Posts:  22
Joined  05-20-2013

Ok heres what i need:

i have a song in pattern mode on the mox. 16 channels. but i would like to send these out to logic pro or cubase where i will be using software instruments in junction with the Mox sounds. what happens currently in my setup is that all the instruments from the pattern mode will play in one track in the DAW. i checked the daw settings for each midi track and its on the correct midi channel (MOx channel one electric piano is Daw midi track 1 electric piano). I also checked that the Mox transmits each channel correctly. One thing I noticed is that the DAW only plays back the software instrument when its record enabled. I can get one track to play at a time but not all of the 16 tracks

So I would just like to press play on the Mox in pattern mode and have the DAW with loaded soft synths playback my songs. want to use this setup live with a mac mini or mac book pro. Oh and I’m using Quick Setup A

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 07:11 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Have you considered exporting a Standard MIDI File of your pattern from your MOX and importing that into Logic; separating it out and moving the various parts on to your various software instrument tracks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 10:32 AM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

Cubase records all channels from an incoming MIDI device to a single track, but then you can use the “Disolve” method to separate that single track into separate tracks for each channel.

I’m talking Cubase here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2015 @ 10:46 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

For Cubase, these should help:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469518/

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moving_a_mox6_mox8_song_into_a_cubase_project

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mixing Track Levels as a Group
Next Topic:

Gradual volume increase, how to program ››