mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance question"

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 03:58 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hello, I am using a sequencer on a laptop to play MIDI files via my Motif ES, I can access all the different voices on the ES by sending standard control codes. Is it possible to select a performance using control codes from the sequencer rather than a standard voice?, thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 04:39 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

This article should help:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/bank_select_and_program_change_motif_es

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 06:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
eisenfarn - 03 March 2015 03:58 PM

Hello, I am using a sequencer on a laptop to play MIDI files via my Motif ES, I can access all the different voices on the ES by sending standard control codes. Is it possible to select a performance using control codes from the sequencer rather than a standard voice?, thanks

The answer depends on what you mean by “standard control codes” (I presume you’re referring to Bank Select and Program Change messages), and what the sequencer program is capable of.

The ES Data List states on page 67:
When only the Program Change is received after entering any of the mode, the corresponding voice in the currently selected Type/Memory is called up.

The Master number and the Performance/Song/Pattern/Voice mode can be changed only via the Parameter Change.

What that means is if the ES is in Voice mode, Program Change messages can select Voices. If it’s in Performance mode, Program Change messages can select Performances.

However, if you want your sequencer to change the mode the ES is in, that can only be done using SysEx Parameter/Mode Change messages.

Mode Change message for Motif ES:
F0 42 1n 7F 00 0A 00 01 0m F7
where…
n = device number = 0~F (typically 0)
m = mode = 0(Voice), 1(Performance), 2(Pattern - Mix), 3(Song - Mix), 4(Master)

Example:
F0 43 10 7F 03 0A 00 01 01 F7
selects Performance mode for device #1

This information can be found in the Motif ES Data List:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/motifese2.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2015 @ 05:37 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi, I don’t want to change the mode, the keyboard has to be in “Song” mode to allow the playing of midi files, I just want to be able to play a performance on midi channel 1 instead of a single voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2015 @ 08:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
eisenfarn - 05 March 2015 05:37 PM

Hi, I don’t want to change the mode, the keyboard has to be in “Song” mode to allow the playing of midi files, I just want to be able to play a performance on midi channel 1 instead of a single voice.

Thanks for clarifying what you want to do.

You could copy a Performance to a Song.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/how_to_copy_a_performance_to_the_sequencer1
and page 237 of the ES Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A/D Input needs repair
Next Topic:

Loading Songs with a second SMC ››