mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "White Motif XF Question…show dirt?"

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 02:40 PM
JCT
Total Posts:  91
Joined  07-04-2009

I apologize if this has been asked.  I searched but came up with nothing.  I have an XF8 in black I am selling.  I needed a lighter keyboard.  I want the XF7, but am contemplating the white one.  I think it looks really slick, but I worry it will show dirt really quick.

Part of why I am asking those who have them, is the metal on the XF is a textured type and I wonder if that would actually help the white remain clean (not worried about dirty fingers or such, more general discoloration, showing wear easier, etc...).

Thanks!
Jason

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 06:40 PM
That-1-DJ
Total Posts:  50
Joined  08-21-2006

I thought about stepping up to the XF-7 also changing to the white. Keep in mind, that the less smooth a surface is, the more likely it will hold in dirt. If I were to go with the white XF-7 I would take it to one of the auto-body shops around here and have them put on a couple of coats of clear. Good Luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 06:42 PM
That-1-DJ
Joined  08-21-2006

Also Check out forat.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2015 @ 12:26 AM
Devnor
Total Posts:  34
Joined  08-23-2010

I’ve had my White XF7 for a few weeks. It’s not textured and appears to be easy to clean. If you wash your hands after eating fried chicken before you play it, you ought to be in good shape

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2015 @ 01:41 AM
That-1-DJ
Joined  08-21-2006

Sly Racist Comment! Really?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2015 @ 05:53 AM
Jer76
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-24-2013

is it possible to replace the top panel of a black XF8 to a white panel by Yamaha?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2015 @ 04:38 PM
Devnor
Total Posts:  34
Joined  08-23-2010
That-1-DJ - 20 February 2015 01:41 AM

Sly Racist Comment! Really?

Do you have problem with fried chicken?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2015 @ 01:23 AM
selfymart
Total Posts:  52
Joined  03-30-2014
JCT - 19 February 2015 02:40 PM

I apologize if this has been asked.  I searched but came up with nothing.  I have an XF8 in black I am selling.  I needed a lighter keyboard.  I want the XF7, but am contemplating the white one.  I think it looks really slick, but I worry it will show dirt really quick.

Part of why I am asking those who have them, is the metal on the XF is a textured type and I wonder if that would actually help the white remain clean (not worried about dirty fingers or such, more general discoloration, showing wear easier, etc...).

Thanks!
Jason

I had my wh xf7 for couple of months now. Dust shows more than my Kronos but easy to clean , I keep it covered when not in use. I am happy I chose white, it fits perfectly into my studio.
Need to get my FW card soon though…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2015 @ 10:54 AM
JCT
Total Posts:  91
Joined  07-04-2009

Thanks for your replies.  I ended up chancing it based on your comments.  You are right it is a smoother metal than the black.  Actually I wish the black had been that same material.  But, I doubt the shine would leave any marks that could not be cleaned from having it a few days.

Very happy...and WAY lighter than my XF8 with hard case.  Mission accomplished.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2015 @ 10:32 AM
piano39
Total Posts:  42
Joined  02-13-2010

While we are on the topic… I have a black Motif XF6 that I gig with pretty heavily.  I’m starting to notice accumulation of dirt around the more frequently used buttons. 

What do you folks use to clean the panel?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can Motif xf8 read MIDI from usb drive?
Next Topic:

fc-7 setting/editing ››