mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Save a voice as monophonic?"

Posted on: February 22, 2015 @ 07:55 PM
Aaronjw
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-15-2009

So I’ve been struggling with the Melas voice editor for the MX.  I’ve managed to create a decent lead sound (not quite what I want, but I’m hoping that’s just cause I don’t know how yet), but as far as I can tell, it’s impossible to save it as monophonic.  Am I doing something wrong?  I know I can change it to mono by saving it in a performance, but I’d like to be able to access the voice in whatever new performance I create without having to yet again change it to mono and set the portamento to what I want.  It makes no sense to me that this wouldn’t be possible, as there are plenty of stock monophonic synth leads with the keyboard.

I feel like I’ve been banging my head against a wall for the last three hours trying to get a good proggy lead sound, and this mono/poly issue is the main thing standing in my way.  What’s the deal?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 12:53 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

In the AEG set the pan(s) to center for all elements. You may want to do the same for any relative effects as well.

Stone

Edit: Sorry, I get it now. In Common Edit Mode set the Play Mode to Mono.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 02:33 AM
Aaronjw
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-15-2009

First off, you set the play mode to mono in Part Edit Mode; second, as I mentioned (maybe not clearly), this only allows you to save it to a performance, rather than as a user voice that you can access in any performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 02:41 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Hey, Sorry man.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2015 @ 01:49 PM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

I don’t think there is such an option in Voice Editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX arp engine Q
Next Topic:

heyoo MX vs MO ››