mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "note sustain on the MX…"

Posted on: February 16, 2015 @ 09:59 PM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

Just wanted to ask before I buy, if someone can advise the length of note sustain (with no sustain pedal) of instruments : pianos, guitars and basses of the MX series compared to the MOXF series?

For example if I press the same note at the same velocity on an MX as the MOXF which unit will have the longer note before fade-out?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2015 @ 11:05 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Theoretically they should be the same. According to the sales literature, MX Voices are ‘derived’ directly from the XS and while that might sound a little ‘technical’ in all probability the sustain will not have been compromised in any way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2015 @ 11:14 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

Thanks. That was what I was thinking but I have listened to a couple of online demos and the notes seem to “cut-out” quite quickly, as if the sample being used is somehow shortened, also the actual sound is a bit “thinner”, although both things could simple be me??

Which is why I was asking for confirmation the note lengths are the same.

EDIT: I am trying to decide between the MX and the moxf and whether I can justify double the price for the moxf. I don’t need onboard sequencers and the like, nor sampling....and it is to be a second k’board on top of a PX-5S…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2015 @ 11:21 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

You’re not going to have the same effects, and that might be responsible for sound differences, though if your interest is mainly piano you probably won’t be plastering on too much by way of these. Hopefully someone can do a quick A/B for you. Or else you’ll need to visit your local dealer. With a stopwatch!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2015 @ 11:42 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

LOL! If only I could. Nearest dealer is 6 hours drive! I am using the PX-5S for most of the piano work, I would be using the mx for the guitar, bass and drum sounds mostly, and to handle some midi file work.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading MIDI Files
Next Topic:

MX arp engine Q ››