mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t assign “wah” effect to Mod wheel?"

Posted on: February 01, 2015 @ 05:31 PM
XpoiZone
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-31-2015

My pastimes involve covering Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment a lot.

I can’t find any setting in the control assign for mod wheel that lets me assign a wah effect to the sound I’m using.

I was told that there would be all kinds of effects, anything under the sun (because the moxf was using the motif xf engine).

Please tell me there is a way to use the mod wheel for wah, I need it for most of my lead sounds!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2015 @ 06:40 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
XpoiZone - 01 February 2015 05:31 PM

My pastimes involve covering Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment a lot.

I can’t find any setting in the control assign for mod wheel that lets me assign a wah effect to the sound I’m using.

I was told that there would be all kinds of effects, anything under the sun (because the moxf was using the motif xf engine).

Please tell me there is a way to use the mod wheel for wah, I need it for most of my lead sounds!

You were told correctly, there are “all kinds of effects” in your MOXF!

First, the WAH insert effect must be assigned to the VOICE you are using.

Call up a desired VOICE, and push the EDIT button.  You should now be in COMMON EDIT.

Go to page 35/36 of the MOXF Reference manual to see how the Insert Effects are assigned to a VOICE in COMMON EDIT.

Next, the MW must be assigned to to control the WAH for that VOICE.  See pages 32 and 53 of the Manual on assigning the Controller Set.

Perhaps the best way to see this in action would be study a VOICE where the above parameters are set up the way you want...and then just copy what is being done.

I am not certain, but I believe PRE1 E:15 Pedal Wah Clavi MW is set up in the manner you want to emulate. (I don’t have a machine in front of me, so I can’t check that)

Let us know if you need more specific details, and welcome to the Forum!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2015 @ 11:56 PM
XpoiZone
Joined  01-31-2015

Thanks for the tip. I have been able to assign the wah effect in the same manner the wah clavi was setup but I am running into an issue. The wah effect when active dampens the lead sounds I’ve tried it with - the volume is almost muted at the bottom and returns to normal as the wah is activated. I can’t fix this issue.

Currently assigned wah to INSA effect of Bright Saw (PRE5: 073 (E09))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 12:27 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Well...the thing is, the WAH effect has a different “effect” on different VOICES...so you must set it up to work the way you want it to work on the VOICE you want it to work on.

You may find This Article helpful.  Don’t get hung up that it was written for using a foot control pedal and for a different keyboard...the principles still apply.

Refer to the MOXF Data List also for effect parameters that can be edited to work the way you would like for the VOICE you are using.

I have attached an excerpt from the Data List for the WAH effect parameters.

The effect parameter screen is discussed on page 36 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

You can download the full MOXF Data List from This Link.

Image Attachments
WAH Effect parameters.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 12:53 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
XpoiZone - 01 February 2015 11:56 PM

Thanks for the tip. I have been able to assign the wah effect in the same manner the wah clavi was setup but I am running into an issue. The wah effect when active dampens the lead sounds I’ve tried it with - the volume is almost muted at the bottom and returns to normal as the wah is activated. I can’t fix this issue.

Currently assigned wah to INSA effect of Bright Saw (PRE5: 073 (E09))

If you are using the VCM Pedal Wah turn up the Bottom. It will highlight when you scroll over to it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 02:37 PM
XpoiZone
Joined  01-31-2015

Changing INS effect B fixed the a bit for me, thanks guys. Still doesn’t sound as good as Sherinian’s Lead but it’ll do.

[ Ignore ]