mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Best resource, book, article, etc., to get started programming new MOXF voices?"

Posted on: January 31, 2015 @ 11:43 PM
jsegovia
Total Posts:  25
Joined  03-20-2004

I’m getting ready to use my MOXF8 with a classic rock band and I want to be able to program sounds from scratch (or tweak existing voices that are close) to sound like the tunes we have in mind.  Can someone recommend some resources or references I could use to get started programming new voices?

Back when I bought a brand new Roland D-50 I bought two programming books which I still have, one which explained all aspects of programming patches in a very detailed way and another which provided all the parameters for about a hundred new voices of all different styles.  Reading the first book and then entering the patches in from the second book while I listened to what each change did really provided a strong basis to be able to program my own sounds on the D-50, and now I’d like to learn the same capability on the MOXF8.

Thanks very much in advance!

Jesse

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2015 @ 04:39 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

Jesse,

There’s two resources in this site’s shop you might want to consider that were created by Dave Polich…

Sound Advice DVD
Sound Advice DVD’s Script

I can’t provide a recommendation as I haven’t purchased them, however, Dave Polich (a member of forum) is a professional sound designer, and has published several voice libraries available in the forum shop.

Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2015 @ 06:36 PM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

I watched the preview video of the Sound Advice DVD set.

For those of you who have purchased it, what is your review and how do you like it?

I see that it is geared for the Motif XS (the instrument at the time of the video), but it does look like it would provide tons of information for nearly any synthesizer and appears that it would translate just fine to a Motif XF.

It does have a pretty hefty price tag so I’d love to hear what people say about this DVD set, it looks pretty informative.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 04:26 PM
TiasDad
Total Posts:  45
Joined  04-12-2014

Try these ..

http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/moxf-download-only.html
http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/discovering-the-yamaha-mox-download-only-882.html

Both are available as a package with a discount if you want to order the actual DVD’s from here ..

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/dvds/motif-series-yamaha-dvds/full-motifation-special-for-moxf.html

I have them and find them much easier to understand than the manuals :)

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2015 @ 05:36 PM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

Thank you for the advice TiasDad.

These videos are for the MOX, I have a Motif XF and am not sure how much they would translate to the XF.

I’m interested in what people have to say regarding the Sound Advice DVD set because not only does it explore the Motif keyboards, it also gets into sound design.

I am old school and pretty much played synthesizers and piano with limited effects and a basic sequencer from the 80’s.

The Sound Advice DVD set appears to get deep into sound design as well as production and effects.  Things I never got around to delving into.

Has anyone purchased the Sound Advice DVD set and can comment on it?  I am also assuming that all of the XS stuff explored will translate directly to the XF.

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2015 @ 02:46 AM
joshhuntnm
Total Posts:  7
Joined  02-05-2015

Any sources of help specifically for moxf? I am overwhelmed!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2015 @ 03:29 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
joshhuntnm - 06 February 2015 02:46 AM

Any sources of help specifically for moxf? I am overwhelmed!

These DVD’s would be a great starting point.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can’t hear drums when Audio recording through USB
Next Topic:

Key difference ››