mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "want to purchase piano realism pack"

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 08:37 AM
wuls007
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-27-2015

my question: can i use the piano realism pack in song mode?
Plus when i do install the piano pack on the moxf8 does it delete/reset my song presets?? I ask this Because i use song mode for life peromance. I also have installed de lead pack and i still want to use this also in songmode with the piano realism pack. I just want to know for sure before i purchase the piano pack.. i ask all this because when i loaded a wav. File before it resetted all my presets to factory took me 2 days to set all back…

Hope u understand everything cause my english is not that good :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 02:29 PM
wuls007
Joined  01-27-2015

Prob. U guys don’t understand me :), lets say it like this.
When i load the piano realism pack, does it overwrite my piano’s that alrdy are on the moxf. En when i load it into the moxf will it reset my moxf presets in songmode (that i made for live performance)?? Or is it just like: load piano realism pack and done?? Oh i have a flashboard 1gb installed and the lead pack, i just rly rly don’t want to lose any of my presets in songmode and ofc. I dont want to lose the lead pack.
It are prob. Stupid questions but its the first time i use yamaha products :)
Hope some 1 can help me out cause the piano’s are so great in the piano realism pack.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 03:15 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

From http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf/piano-realism-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-xf-633.html
What comes in the download

When you install the Piano Realism Pack, new voices are placed into user memory are combined with built-in (and freely downloaded for MOTIF) piano voices. Any third-party waveform that you can load into user memory can also be mixed with the action sounds, by modifying any of the included Performances or Song Mixes. The included Performances and Song Mixes give you easy and precise control of the individual components of hammer action, damper felt, damper action, pedal, and key-off string dampening.

* User Guide PDF
* All File containing more than 200 Voices, 64 Performances and 32 Song Mixes.
* Demo Music
* Piano Realism Accessory Cable User Guide
* Piano Realism Accessory Cable Supplemental Guide

NOTE: Although all of the above items will come in your download, the Piano Realism Accessory Cable is a physical product that will be shipped.

System Requirements

* MOXF
* Yamaha-compatible foot pedal (FC3 Recommended)
* Free (from Yamaha) S700 and CP1 Pianos.
* Flash Memory (essential if installing S700)

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, yes, loading an “All” file will overwrite the User Voices, Performances, and Song Mixes, and other User data.

In addition, you’d need room in the flash module for the S700 and CP1 samples.

Any MOXF Voices that are Presets (banks PRE1~PRE9) won’t be overwritten - they can’t be.

You wrote “File before it resetted all my presets to factory took me 2 days to set all back…” That shouldn’t happen - “to set it all back” should only take a few minutes, if you make a backup “All” file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 03:16 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I’m not able to address all of the issues right now, but please do not do ANYTHING until you back up your machine with an ALL file!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 04:47 PM
wuls007
Joined  01-27-2015

K thx i was mistaking about the presets. I ment the presets i made my own in song mode and with 50 songs in it its a lot of work to set it all back, and yeah i forgot to backup cause i thought it wasn’t needed… so if i read this correctly if i install/load the new samples it wil overwrite my settings in songmode to the original factory settings? And will it overwrite my lead pack (on user bank3) also? And will it overwrite me own programmed voices??

Sry noob here :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 08:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
wuls007 - 28 January 2015 04:47 PM

K thx i was mistaking about the presets. I ment the presets i made my own in song mode and with 50 songs in it its a lot of work to set it all back, and yeah i forgot to backup cause i thought it wasn’t needed… so if i read this correctly if i install/load the new samples it wil overwrite my settings in songmode to the original factory settings? And will it overwrite my lead pack (on user bank3) also? And will it overwrite me own programmed voices??

Sry noob here :)

No apologies are necessary for being a “noob” - we all were at some time.

What you store is not called a Preset, it’s User data of one kind or another.

Loading samples will not overwrite your User data. Loading an entire “All” file will, as can loading certain things from the “All” file. User Voices, Performances, Songs, Patterns, etc., are User data, and they can all be overwritten.

I’d suggest that you save an “All” file now - see page 60 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual and page 155 of the Reference Manual. Since your data is very important to you, you should probably save the file to at least two USB drives, and put one in a safe place.

Next, read about loading data from an “All” file. Owner’s Manual on page 60 - more importantly, Reference Manual on pages 156-157. Try loading one of your Songs from the “All” file to an empty Song location - that will help you learn and also verify that the file you saved has your Songs.

If you have any questions, ask them before doing anything. We don’t want you to lose your data again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 05:37 AM
Digital Studio Designs
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-13-2013
wuls007 - 28 January 2015 08:37 AM

my question: can i use the piano realism pack in song mode?
Plus when i do install the piano pack on the moxf8 does it delete/reset my song presets?? I ask this Because i use song mode for life peromance. I also have installed de lead pack and i still want to use this also in songmode with the piano realism pack. I just want to know for sure before i purchase the piano pack.. i ask all this because when i loaded a wav. File before it resetted all my presets to factory took me 2 days to set all back…

Hope u understand everything cause my english is not that good :)

Thanks for your interest in the Piano Realism Pack.

As 5pinDIN has kindly noted, all of the user-defined voices, performances, songs, masters, etc. will be overwritten after full installation of the All file. In fact, after installing the Piano Realism Pack, the last 32 songs will contain a variety of pre-defined pianos as song mixes, where the different tracks are assigned to various mechanical parts of a piano (such as key-off, hammer, damper, pedal, etc.). Naturally, you can overwrite these songs with your own after the library is loaded.

The philosophy behind the library is to provide as much piano programming as possible to help you quickly find and tweak one of many piano textures and variations for your application, and it’s natural that you would want to take pieces and include them with your own and other installed libraries.

You can download the installation instructions for the Piano Realism Pack for MOXF from
this page: http://www.digitalstudiodesigns.com/products/piano-realism-pack-for-moxf so that you can know what to expect. The instructions do call for backing up your synthesizer before installation.

There are ways to load individual voices/performances/songs/ of the library once you’ve identified them by selecting the different load types under the FILE function of the synthesizer. Though the Owner’s Manual may be brief in explaining this function, there are external resources and articles such as this one: http://www.easysounds.eu/MOXF_FlashGuide_en.pdf, which may be of help.

One way to proceed, given that you’ve already made extensive installation and adjustments to your MOXF, is to completely Backup what you have and then install the entire Piano Realism Pack. Then learn about how it’s organized in terms of the waveforms, voices, performance, and songs. Identify the component voices, waveforms, performances, songs that you want to keep (for example there’s a super-song-mix with a stretch-tuned S700 piano that you may like). Restore your original library, and individually load the Piano Realism Pack components you’ve identified, taking note of how to reconnect voices to waveforms, performances and songs to voices when necessary. Using a PC with library management software designed for the MOXF usually helps speed-up some of the tasks, but other tasks have to be performed directly on the synthesizer.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask more questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 06:06 AM
wuls007
Joined  01-27-2015

Ty all!! This rly helps me understanding the moxf. Thx for the fast reply’s. I will start with saving my users on usb and try to restore it (so that i know what i’m doing and how it works). And the installation is clear now cause of the good explanation on the sites. Again thx!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 05:23 PM
wuls007
Joined  01-27-2015

Thx all i now know hot to save my settings and how to load it. So all works i’m a happy man :)

[ Ignore ]