mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t hear drums when Audio recording through USB"

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 11:09 AM
blueland
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-06-2015

Hi,

I have updated my MOXF to the latest firmware version and have managed to record the audio through the USB to my ipad. I am recording into Music Studio (Have Cubase on the ipad but can’t figure out how to record audio).

There are a number of options to record into 4 mono tracks, 2 stereo etc, however when I play it back I can’t hear the drum track, any ideas?

Is there a setting to change?

Many thanks, Rick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 11:48 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The big question: where is this drum track, on the iPad, on the MOXF, or somewhere else?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2015 @ 12:52 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I don’t have Music Studio so can’t offer specifics.  It’s possible your tracks are still armed for recording.  Disarm recording from the tracks and play again.  I assume you see a waveform for the track(s) so you know the audio was actually recorded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 06:15 AM
drlabing
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-29-2015

Turn on Software Monitoring!
Preferences > Audio > Devices > Software Monitoring
Or add a handy button to your customized transport
housse sony xperia e3 coque sony xperia e3

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 06:41 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

blueland - 28 January 2015 11:09 AM

Hi,

I have updated my MOXF to the latest firmware version and have managed to record the audio through the USB to my ipad. I am recording into Music Studio (Have Cubase on the ipad but can’t figure out how to record audio).

There are a number of options to record into 4 mono tracks, 2 stereo etc, however when I play it back I can’t hear the drum track, any ideas?

Is there a setting to change?

Many thanks, Rick

I suppose that you have Cubasis on your iPad. Recording audio from MOXF should be easy as in Music Studio (I have both, but prefer Cubasis). Just insert audio track and be sure that recording button is lit red. Than under Routing tab select both for Stereo in and out “Yamaha MOXF 3&4;”. If you wish to record mic or guitar or player connected to MOXF A/D in, than select as audio port “Yamaha MOXF 1&2;”. And you don’t need to set anything additionally on MOXF.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2015 @ 10:20 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Ooops.  I thought it was already recorded and you were trying to play it back.

[ Ignore ]