mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF data to MOX/MOXF"

Posted on: January 26, 2015 @ 10:49 PM
jezcaraballo
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-05-2011

Hi. I have a Yamaha Motif XF6 and would like to know if I am able to load up my patches and samples I created into a MOX6 or MOXF6 without mixing up the voices or losing any of it. I have these stored on my XF in my Perfomance/User 1 bank. If so, should I just save the data as an .X3A file? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2015 @ 11:52 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jezcaraballo - 26 January 2015 10:49 PM

Hi. I have a Yamaha Motif XF6 and would like to know if I am able to load up my patches and samples I created into a MOX6 or MOXF6 without mixing up the voices or losing any of it. I have these stored on my XF in my Perfomance/User 1 bank. If so, should I just save the data as an .X3A file? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

This Thread is just a couple below yours, and is a good place to start.

There is no ability for the XF by itself to LOAD MOXF files.

EDIT:  Sorry, I read it backwards!  Yes, you can LOAD your files into your MOXF from the XF.  If you are using PRESET VOICES in your PERFORMANCES, I believe they will translate to the correct position.  That is the important thing:  That your PERFORMANCES and SONGS will find the VOICES they need in the correct location.

Others can weigh-in with their experience on this.  I do know that you should be sure the Latest OS update has been done on the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2015 @ 10:01 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jezcaraballo - 26 January 2015 10:49 PM

Welcome to the forum.

You wrote “I have these stored on my XF in my Perfomance/User 1 bank.” Although your Performances are stored there, the Voices they’re based on are not. Performances don’t contain Voices, they only point to the location of the Voices being used in them.

The MOXF has all the Preset Voice banks found in the XF, plus one more, but it has one less User Voice bank - there is no User 4. As long as none of your Performances are based on Voices stored in the XF’s User 4 bank, an “All” file (.X3A) will be sufficient.

If any of your own Voices are in the User 4 bank, you should relocate them to one of the other banks, being careful not to overwrite a Voice that any of your Performances uses. If you do relocate any User 4 Voices, and any of your Performances use such Voices, you should edit the Performances so that they refer to the new location of the Voices. Once that’s done, save the XF “All” file.

For samples, of course, the MOXF must have a flash module installed. As you may already know, the MOXF and XF sequencers are different, so that Songs and Patterns can’t be directly transferred via an “All” file. In that case, SMFs can be used.

[ Ignore ]