mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Best News from Yamaha at NAMM 2015"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: January 26, 2015 @ 01:25 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
abdol - 26 January 2015 01:04 PM

Also I wouldn’t buy a keyboard for it’s guitar sound. Mainly Piano, ePiano, Clavi, Organ, synth pads and etc and in MOTIF they all suck really bad.

So save yourself, don’t play one. Ditch the MOX.
I had a Kronos here on demo for quite a bit and after extensive consideration it wasn’t for me. It wasn’t a big deal and I surely didn’t run over to the Korg forums and take a dump all over it. Dude, you’ve got to get past this. It’s unhealthy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2015 @ 01:34 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012
stoneb3 - 26 January 2015 01:25 PM
abdol - 26 January 2015 01:04 PM

Also I wouldn’t buy a keyboard for it’s guitar sound. Mainly Piano, ePiano, Clavi, Organ, synth pads and etc and in MOTIF they all suck really bad.

So save yourself, don’t play one. Ditch the MOX.
I had a Kronos here on demo for quite a bit and after extensive consideration it wasn’t for me. It wasn’t a big deal and I surely didn’t run over to the Korg forums and take a dump all over it. Dude, you’ve got to get past this. It’s unhealthy.

Well I’ll keep the MOX and will use it as a midi controller. For me the software is the way to go this is the only way to make sth unhealthy, healthy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2015 @ 01:57 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
abdol - 26 January 2015 01:34 PM

Well I’ll keep the MOX and will use it as a midi controller. For me the software is the way to go this is the only way to make sth unhealthy, healthy.

Super, you’re good to go then. I hope it works out well for you, thanks.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2015 @ 06:30 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012
stoneb3 - 26 January 2015 01:57 PM

Stone

Don’t get me wrong though. You’re not in a position to advice me. Trust me. I’ll leave you with your MOTIF…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2015 @ 07:48 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
abdol - 26 January 2015 06:30 PM
stoneb3 - 26 January 2015 01:57 PM

Stone

Don’t get me wrong though. You’re not in a position to advice me. Trust me. I’ll leave you with your MOTIF…

Perhaps you misunderstood.

I am not advising you, I’ve only offered you my sincere wishes that you find a solution in your search for what’s best for you. So once again, best of luck and I hope all goes well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2015 @ 08:43 AM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

I believe this forums is first and foremost for the support of each other.  Sharing their experiences, mostly for a yamaha product they have.  Since there seams to be a hater here I will explain this in a little for detail.
Motif has some great features that other keyboards just don’t have.  Sure other boards might have something that motif doesn’t offer.  If that’s the case, then their probably on a forum looking to understanding that boards function to further their experience with it.  Were all patiently waiting to see what they’ve got up their sleeves for the next generation workstation.  It’s not getting released half baked in alpha state to make some money while they work the bugs out.  Don’t get me wrong, If you want to pay your own money to be a beta tester that’s fine.  The korg web site doesn’t even have the link to the their forum page on the web site anymore.  To many issues.  I recently went back on the korg forum to see what the thoughts were on the new update and the kronos 2 coming out.  There’s already issues with the update making there machine lag.  It’s a work in progress, I understand, but It should also be recognized as one.  In general I love the kronos synth engine’s and wanted it to be my next board.  There were just to many problems with it for me to justify a purchase.  Faulty keybed being the final deal breaker for me.  Roll the dice and see what you get.  It might work out for you.  It’s corporate modeling at it’s finest.  They all do it to some degree, cause the overlying factor is money.  I’m on the side of us, the people.  Not a corporate face. 

My question is what’s your motivation and intention?  What can we give to you?  This forum base is very diverse and everyone has different experiences and intentions with what serves their purpose in music.  Peace to you my friend

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2015 @ 11:25 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Why is a MOX owner over here on Motif XF chirping about Kronos?  rather odd behavior, there’s a repressed anger about something there I’m unable to diagnose.  I will agree that

- Motif XF is a premier professional workstation
- Motif XF is not for everyone or every use
- if MOXF had been out when I bought XF, it would have fully met my gigging needs.  I don’t produce music, I play it.

- Kronos is also a premier professional workstation
- Kronos is also not for everyone.

and lastly

- I agree its past time for Yamaha to come up with something beyond Motif XF.  XF wasn’t a new flagship, it was an evolutionary feature improvement of XS and the changes were more on the modest than grand side of the scale.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2015 @ 11:45 AM
selfymart
Total Posts:  52
Joined  03-30-2014
motidave - 04 June 2015 11:25 AM

Why is a MOX owner over here on Motif XF chirping about Kronos?  rather odd behavior, there’s a repressed anger about something there I’m unable to diagnose.  I will agree that

- Motif XF is a premier professional workstation
- Motif XF is not for everyone or every use
- if MOXF had been out when I bought XF, it would have fully met my gigging needs.  I don’t produce music, I play it.

- Kronos is also a premier professional workstation
- Kronos is also not for everyone.

and lastly

- I agree its past time for Yamaha to come up with something beyond Motif XF.  XF wasn’t a new flagship, it was an evolutionary feature improvement of XS and the changes were more on the modest than grand side of the scale.

Not sure if anyone seen Yamaha CVP pianos.
They are amazing pianos with touch screen.
Yamaha has the technology but the key is marketing.
It is impossible to have one keyboard that can satisfy everyone.
If Yamaha puts out a new keyboard with best of Kronos and other futuristic features,
Would it sell more than existing motif xf? I highly doubt it because of price point.

I have Kronos and motif xf. Both are good for different users.
One is not better than other.

With computer being the leading tool with various DaW,
I think the workstations are already out if date, hard to keep up.

So don’t expect anything from Yamaha , if they release one, it will be a pleasant suprise but I will not buy another workstation.
Let’s go make some music ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2015 @ 12:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
selfymart - 08 June 2015 11:45 AM

Not sure if anyone seen Yamaha CVP pianos.
They are amazing pianos with touch screen.
[...]
So don’t expect anything from Yamaha , if they release one, it will be a pleasant suprise but I will not buy another workstation.

Any Yamaha workstation having a touch screen will be one I won’t purchase. I tend to keep my MIDI gear, and I want it to continue working for many years, and if not, to have parts available to fix it. The more specialized parts are used, the less reliable and less likely replacements will be found.

In addition, those with sufficiently impaired vision may not be able to use a model with touchscreen at all. While I’m not currently so-handicapped, nobody knows what the future holds.

selfymart -

Let’s go make some music ...

Now, there’s a concept.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3