mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "System update and latest Ipad"

Posted on: January 19, 2015 @ 10:33 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

This is a tech support question. I have a very recent Ipad model A1599 that doesn’t come up as a listed model number that will work with update for USB midi an audio. I don’t want to initialize my system unless this is going to work. Can anyone advise if the system update works in conjunction with the latest Ipad models?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2015 @ 11:20 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

min3008 - 19 January 2015 10:33 PM

This is a tech support question. I have a very recent Ipad model A1599 that doesn’t come up as a listed model number that will work with update for USB midi an audio. I don’t want to initialize my system unless this is going to work. Can anyone advise if the system update works in conjunction with the latest Ipad models?

I’m using iPad2 (not Air) with MOXF and I’m able to record both MIDI and audio over USB. MOXF is connected through camera connection kit. The most important thing is that I have installed the latest firmware 1.10 on MOXF and the latest iOS (8.1.2) on iPad. So, if old iPad2 works fine, for sure the latest models should work also.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2015 @ 04:52 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I don’t believe the newest iPads were available when this update came out, so that is probably why it is not listed.  I am running fine with iPad 4 and 7.1.2.

If you back up your synth before doing the OS update, you should be fine.  Just be sure to save an ALL file.  I’d also recommend saving with waveforms if you have the Flash Board installed.

I also have the previous OS file saved to USB.  I was able to go back to the previous OS as well.  My ALL file restored just fine under both firmware.

Do you have special voices/performances you have created that you don’t want to lose?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2015 @ 11:26 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Thanks for your input. I’ve made a piece using sounds that are 3rd party installed on my flashboard. I think the safest thing to do is to record a hardcopy wav of the song to my mac before initializing. That way I have a wav file on a different device if anything goes screwy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2015 @ 05:44 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

That is a good idea, too.  I still highly recommend a Save All file with Sample.  This will save the entire board (Voices, Performances, Master, Songs/Patterns, and Flash).  After saving, I recommend double-checking the save file by loading up the song you created in an open slot.  Be sure it sounds ok.

Performing a synth reset does not delete anything from the Flash board.  I can’t quite remember the sequence of reloading, but when the synth is restarted from the firmware update, it will say something about the Flash Board.  It will make it sound like all the memory has been wiped, but it is still in place.  When you reload the Save ALL file, you want to uncheck ‘with Sample’.  For a more detailed post, please read this: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470847

[ Ignore ]