mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editing song/pattern for immediate playback"

Posted on: January 22, 2015 @ 10:01 AM
pmat3155
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-21-2014

Please help. I imported some midi files in to MOX which I plan on using as a continuous looping song. Notes on the midi file starts at 2:00 and therefor there is a delay in starting the song. Is it possible to remove this delay so that the song starts playing immediately when play button is pressed?
I tried shifting notes to 1:00, but the first few notes become out of sync which affects looping.
I also tried splitting the song as a pattern starting with 2:00 but all the control changes added to the songs prior to the notes are lost.
Is there a better way to achieve this? I really appreciate any help with this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2015 @ 10:39 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you look at the file in the Edit screen you will see that at 1.00 you have a large number of commands that set up the proper voice settings for the tracks. If you try to play notes at the same time, the sequencer chokes...too many messages at once.

That’s why most well constructed MIDI files start after the first bar.

How to work around it?

You can try deciphering all the setup commands, make equivalent settings in your Mixing and then delete bar 1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2015 @ 11:47 AM
pmat3155
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-21-2014

Thanks for you help. I will try this approach.

[ Ignore ]