mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase Demo Please Bad Mister…….Please!"

Posted on: January 14, 2015 @ 04:49 PM
GJForster
Total Posts:  18
Joined  10-21-2010

This is addressed to Bad Mister but help from anyone would be very much appreciated.

I am trying to get a workable set up between my Motif XS and my Cubase 8 DAW. I have read so many times that my Motif XS and Cubase work seamlessly - Sadly not in my world!

I have read, re-read and consumed so many forum posts, articles and blogs on the subject of correct set up parameters to the point my brain is scrambled. One article that I’ve studied time and time again is 33 pages long with diagrams, screen prints and jargon to die for emphasises that LOCAL must be off and “with PC” should be selected as mLan setting. I do this and I get nothing. No midi into Cubase, no audio sound and when I press Song Play on the Motif nothing happens at all.

Would it be at all possible for Bad Mister to take the less technically able such as me through a simple set of basic routines just to get us going?  Perhaps a simple exercise such as the basic yet essential set up needs both in the Motif XS and Cubase. Then maybe a walk through on say recording one of the XS demo songs into Cubase using midi and also VSTi.

I apologise if I appear really stupid. I have spent the last few days trying everything I have continually read on Motifator and elsewhere and got nowhere fast. I’m now wondering how I get back to the beginning. Sorry Motif XS and Cubase isn’t at all seamless for me.

I would really appreciate some basic “button pushing” guided steps to get me going.

Thank you so much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2015 @ 05:55 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

FYI, Bad Mister no longer visits his site. You can reach him at the forum section of yamahasynth.com.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2015 @ 06:07 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

First and foremost you must have all the proper drivers installed. They can be found here.

MOTIF XS Extension
Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver
Motif XS Editor Standalone/VST
IEEE1394 Firmware Updater

Get the latest versions for your particular OS.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Looping Drum Files on MX
Next Topic:

Strange Behavior ››