mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "delete unwanted audio files from “audio files “ library"

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 03:06 PM
dvdv1234
Total Posts:  40
Joined  10-28-2014

hi i am recording with my motif xf 6 and logic pro 9.1.8
i was wondering is there a way to delete unwanted audio files from “audio files “ library from logic without going to the forder and delete them one ..
the thing is that i want to delete audio files that are not in the song which was recorded and was not deleted at the same day…
is there a fast way to do it ?....becuse all my audio files are name almost the same because when i am recording i don’t give names to the audio tracks/files

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 03:14 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi dvdv1234,

Yes there is.

Tap B on your qwerty keyboard whilst in Logic.  Make sure you are on the ‘Bin’ tab when the pane comes up.

That should show a list of all audio files.

Go to the Edit menu just above in that same window, then select unused.

Delete.

Back up first, so you have a fail-safe.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 03:36 PM
dvdv1234
Joined  10-28-2014

thanks..but it does not delete the files from the hard drive- any idea?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 04:00 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

I see.

The instructions I gave you will remove the unused files inside your Logic project folder and delete them from your hard drive at the same time.

So if you still have unwanted files around, you must be recording and storing those audio files somewhere else on your hard drive as well.

There isn’t a process I can suggest to you that does what you want, so the best advice I can give you is to name your files (I know it’s a pain) and use one location only for recording on each project.  That way, my suggestion will work for you.

I’m afraid you’ll have to manually delete them this time, which is a drag :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 04:05 PM
dvdv1234
Joined  10-28-2014

it does delete if iam recording at the same day...after the next day it will delete only from logic but not from hard drive...but i find it very useful with the bin thing you wrote ..locating the files are easy with that

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2014 @ 04:11 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

Yes, it’s a cool feature.

Logic for some reason is confused either by you having multiple file locations or something else.

You could reinstall it and trash the preferences for it.

I only recommend that if you are comfortable with doing it, though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2014 @ 03:12 PM
JayBmusic
Total Posts:  13
Joined  07-10-2014

After you deleted the unused audio files from the bin there’s an option to “clean” (or something like that - only know the German version) a project. This actually deletes the unused files from your hard drive. You can find it at (and I hope I translate this correctly...) File -> Project -> Clean.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Switch MIDI Sync on
Next Topic:

Performance Parts Output Select ››